• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotate a bunch of doodads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like to rotate few doodads in a way i don't know how to do, basically i got a tower made from a few doodads. The tower is faced in a direction but i want to make a exactly the same tower facing another way, the only thing i came to think about is to rotate by selecting all the doodads then pressing ctrl then use the mouse to rotate them, but they stay on the sme spot so i just end up with a bunch of tard doodads. Any1 know if i can rotate doodads in the way i want? if you get my question.

Level 5
select doodads hit enter then change rotation

You misunderstood his question. He knows that he can change their rotation en masse, but he wants their placement to have locations relative to their angles. That is to say, the placement of the doodads of his tower is supposed to look a certain way. The tower is not perfectly symmetrical from all sides, therefore if he simply changes the angles, the objects themselves will be misplaced.

Now I may be incorrect (I don't have WE in front of me right now), but I believe that when you have the doodads selected, there is a rotation tool in the drop down boxes above that will rotate all the doodads as a whole. I can't confirm this until later today, since I don't have WE with me right now, sorry. vv

Level 11
why dont u use this keys

/ *

they rotate things left and right... is that what you are asking?

if you rotate them with ctrl + left click they will all face the same spot while turning... if you use / * they will rotate each one separete from the other and you can select them all

Status
Not open for further replies.