• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Rotating bunch of units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is there any way to rotate bunch of units as one object, so that they actually change positions not just "facing an angle"?

Edit: I want to do it in editor, like ctrl + click changes facing angle, I need to rotate units positions, while selected at once.

Last edited:
Level 12
you want to physically move the units' positions around a point?

Should it be like the effect of a spell? (blackhole kind of thing for example) either way you want to use math... There probably aren't any readymade function for it, but it should be simple enough I think

Level 12
Oh, I see, I knew something is missing. :D

I want to do it in editor, like ctrl + click changes facing angle, I need to rotate units positions, while selected at once.
hmm at least for terrain there's rotate 90 degrees and mirror, idk about units and doodads

Edit: "edit" rotate actually did work, select them all, copy and click paste (ctrl + v), and before clicking on where to place them, go to "edit" and select "rotate paste"

Unfortunately there seems to only be the option for 90 degrees or mirroring, but maybe it's enough

Level 9
You know, in order to make things symetric I would really appreciate this function, otherwise I must do it by guesstimate. :)

Edit: Thank you! Yes, that's exactly I was looking for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.