• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

rotating units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi, i was wondering if i can rotate a unit? cuz if i want to make a cinematic, one guy looks at a tree, and the other one looks at the blacksmith, so, is there any way to rotate them? cuz rotating ALL of them with triggers is hard work

Level 14
hi, i was wondering if i can rotate a unit? cuz if i want to make a cinematic, one guy looks at a tree, and the other one looks at the blacksmith, so, is there any way to rotate them? cuz rotating ALL of them with triggers is hard work

There are the unit values in the object editor but other than that you have to manually rotate them via triggers.

It's hard work but in the end that hard work pays off in a better looking cinematic.

Level 12
If it is a pre-placed unit you go to the man view (where you see the map and place units and stuff) then double click the unit, a box named "Unit Properties" will appear, then you will see a property saying "Facing(deg)". With that you can adjust each unit accordingly.

Otherwise, if the unit is created during runtime or it moves or does anything which involves changing rotation, you have to do it with triggers.

Level 24
You can also select all units that you want to rotate, then hold "ctrl" and left-click somewhere on the map.
All units that you have selected will now look at that point.
(You can also hold the left mouse button and move your mouse over the map.)

That is the easiest option.

If you want to change their facing in-game, you can use the trigger "Unit - Make <unit> Face ..."

Level 5
You can also select all units that you want to rotate, then hold "ctrl" and left-click somewhere on the map.
All units that you have selected will now look at that point.
(You can also hold the left mouse button and move your mouse over the map.)

That is the easiest option.

If you want to change their facing in-game, you can use the trigger "Unit - Make <unit> Face ..."
thnx dude

Status
Not open for further replies.