• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

rotating sfx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a direct field for it in the MDL. However, you can use Magos' Model Editor and go to "Windows -> Model Editor". Select all the vertices, then go to "Transformation -> Rotate". As far as I know, it rotates the vertices by recalculating the position based on the angle offset you provide/how many degrees you want to rotate it (calculate offset from center pivot point, then calculate new position (x + offset * Cos(current angle + rotate angle), y + offset * Sin(current angle + rotate angle))). There may be other things involved, I wouldn't know, so I recommend that you use Magos' editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.