• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] A Game mode for Borderlands inspired map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, im currently working on a map with some game elements and characters from borderlands game series. Im mainly focusing on ORPG, single player campaign or survival.but im not sure which one of them i should use. I like to know how you guys think about it.

Last edited:
Level 2
thanks for your reply pyrogasm, when i said "working on" actually i ment "planning" to create a map and i can't decide weather to make a single player campaign or a orpg. Thats all i ment. However sorry for your confusion and thanks again.
(Edited the post, so now it'll make more sense)

Last edited:
Level 39
The most reasonable and honest answer to these sorts of questions is always going to be the same:

It should be whatever you would enjoy playing—that's where the passion that makes for a good map comes from!
If you (the creator) are not invested in the type of map you're creating, you're going to start a cascade of bad effectsethat will ultimately stagnate the development of your map or crush it with boring and mediocre gameplay. If you decide to make a MoBA and you DGAF about MoBAs, you'll have fewer cool ideas, less motivation to work, a lack of "aha!" moments. You won't be energized to pursue interesting solutions to the challenges and problems you encounter and instead will likely settle for "well, uhh, I guess that is what I should do" solutions. You will find it difficult to balance your map because you lack the experience balancing MoBAs.

Note that my use of MoBAs above is just an example, but what I wrote applies to any map type that you are not interested in.

Last edited:
Level 2
The most reasonable and true answer to these sorts of questions is always going to be the same:

It should be whatever you would enjoy playing.
If you (the creator) is not invested in the type of map you're creating, you're going to start a cascade of bad things that will ultimately stagnate the development of your map or crush it with boring and mediocre gameplay. If you decide to make a MoBA and you DGAF about MoBAs, you'll have fewer cool ideas, less motivation to work, a lack of "aha!" moments. You won't energized to pursue interesting solutions to the challenges and problems you encounter. You will find it difficult to balance your map because you lack the experience balancing MoBAs.

Note that my use of MoBAs above is just an example, but what I wrote applies to any map type that you are not interested in.
Thanks a lot for advice. I'll try to make my map a good one.

Level 39
It's perfectly reasonable to ask for advice or feedback on a forum like this; don't think I'm saying you shouldn't seek out input. I just mean to let your wc3/gaming passion guide your map development. Try things you don't know anything about, and ask others what they would recommend! But for such a fundamental question like "what kind of map should it be" I think that needs to (at least initially) come from within the mapmaker.

Level 2
It's perfectly reasonable to ask for advice or feedback on a forum like this; don't think I'm saying you shouldn't seek out input. I just mean to let your wc3/gaming passion guide your map development. Try things you don't know anything about, and ask others what they would recommend! But for such a fundamental question like "what kind of map should it be" I think that needs to (at least initially) come from within the mapmaker.
Yeah, i admit it's kinda stupid to ask others what sort of map i should make. And i thank you so much for trying to help me and invested your valuble time to reply to my post. (Btw i decided to make an orpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.