• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Solid Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! I have a quick question. How can I make a unit completely solid? I am trying to make it so peasants can build walls and gates but when the unit is built it isn't completely solid. Also is there a way I can make it so that a unit can be built closer to another unit as it shows gaps between the walls and gates.

Thanks in advanced!

Level 12
Hello! I have a quick question. How can I make a unit completely solid? I am trying to make it so peasants can build walls and gates but when the unit is built it isn't completely solid. Also is there a way I can make it so that a unit can be built closer to another unit as it shows gaps between the walls and gates.

Thanks in advanced!

what do you mean by solid ?
if you want to make a unit completed his structure after they'd ordered.. base that unit with acolyte.. just create a custom unit from acolyte and change their names and structures to peasant..

Level 2
Sorry. I mean the way I have it now a unit can pass through parts of the gate unit but the center is solid and the units will move until the get around the center of the gate unit. my question is how can I make it so that the unit is completely solid so the other units have to walk all the way around.

Level 12
Sorry. I mean the way I have it now a unit can pass through parts of the gate unit but the center is solid and the units will move until the get around the center of the gate unit. my question is how can I make it so that the unit is completely solid so the other units have to walk all the way around.

here, search the "Pathing - Pathing Map" and double click it on the object editor..
set the "Custom" to these..

Gates = PathTextures\Gate1Path.tga
Walls = PathTextures\StoneWall1Path.tga

tell me if you don't understand any of these..

Level 2
Thanks a lot... I feel stupid not know how to do it... Also would you know how to make it so I can make the walls closer to each other? The way it is now there has to be a gap before I can build next to another one.

Level 12
Thanks a lot... I feel stupid not know how to do it... Also would you know how to make it so I can make the walls closer to each other? The way it is now there has to be a gap before I can build next to another one.

post the map or post a screenshot.. i don't know what do you mean by that gap..
here is the screenshot of mine

210329-albums5809-picture61627.jpg

Level 12
:ogre_icwydt: you are using a wrong model variation, The5thelement.

the model you use should all be of Variation 3
Stone Wall (Diagonal 1) <Variation 3>
Stone Wall (Diagonal 2) <Variation 3>
Stone Wall (Horizontal) <Variation 3>
Stone Wall (Vertical) <Variation 3>

and set the pathing map properly too :)

darkzxx said:
oh, you just change the ground texture of the unit to none
found at object editor (unit information) Art- Ground Texture - None

no, he didn't have any ground texture for his walls, re-look at his screenshoot..

Level 12
oh sorry i meant pathing mapO:
Edit : now correct i guess :3
Edit Edit : i am just giving a example O: by using another wall ?

no, darkzxx.. you still didn't get what i mean :/

here is a bit explanation about the problem he have..

he is using a wrong model variation..
there are 5 different variations for each wall...

210329-albums5809-picture61634.jpg

210329-albums5809-picture61635.jpg

210329-albums5809-picture61636.jpg

210329-albums5809-picture61637.jpg

210329-albums5809-picture61638.jpg

he's right now using variation 1, that's why there will be gaps.. :)
he should be using variation 3 for no gaps :)
get it now ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.