• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why arent my doodads solid???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been working with UTM at the moment, and just about EVERY SINGLE doodad isn't solid, as in any unit can walk and in some cases fly RIGHT THROUGH (what are meant to be) solid objects, and this kind of isn't how a building is ment to be. This isn't all that urgent as i have a fair bit of work to to do on my map, but i would still appreciate an answer anyway.

THANKS, SLASHBANG :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 23
In UTM all the doodads have thier pathing set to "NONE" thus rendering them unsolid and no pathing. Simply change the pathing to the size you wish.

Btw. Utm is intended for terraining not for making playable maps.

Level 21
It's called Ultimate Terraining Map for a reason.

Making an Ultimate Doodad Map (with pathing) would be relatively impossible because when scaling a doodad, the pathing texture does NOT scale, and thus if you would make a doodad of scale 3.0, you'll still be able to walk through it.

You have 2 options now:
- Give every doodad you need a (custom) pathing texture
- Place Pathing Blocker doodads around the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.