• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So... They flat out removed custom campaigns & single player maps from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability to play custom campaigns has been completely removed from Warcraft 3. Also, you can't play single player games offline anymore, you have to create a game in the lobby, which means you can't save or use cheat codes. Not being able to save makes the majority of single player maps unplayable. Also, right now, single player maps won't even launch for me at all. When I try to start them the game just boots me out.

So, my favorite feature of Warcraft 3, playing and making single player maps, which I've put so many thousands of hours in, has just been flat out removed from my favorite game.

Unbelievable.

Level 23
You are probably correct about the not being able to use cheats, since single player custom maps seemingly require being online now.

As for custom campaigns, the functionality is still there in the editor if you open it up, so it will probably just be released in another patch. Keep in mind that one of the blizzard employees on hive, Kam, is a big fan of custom campaigns himself, so I am pretty sure custom campaign implementation is just being delayed.

Level 20
The release patch broke quite a bit of functionality of custom campaigns (which is also absurd since most of it worked in the last beta patch) so it's almost just as well nobody can see just how bad.

Level 6
I really hope this gets fixed. Custom Campaigns with Reforged models is the second big reason I bought this. I also want to make some Custom Campaigns for Reforged.

Last edited:
Level 6
The cynic in me is afraid they are intentionally crippling the single player experience so they can sell more skins for use in multiplayer customs.

I think they can get sued for that. It was a feature in the original and they didn't mention they would remove it. They said all functionalities would remain. I mean I can understand removing WIP content that was never in the game but core functionalities?

Maybe they get unlocked once you beat all the campaigns.

I think they can get sued for that. It was a feature in the original and they didn't mention they would remove it. They said all functionalities would remain. I mean I can understand removing WIP content that was never in the game but core functionalities?

Maybe they get unlocked once you beat all the campaigns.
Maybe it's released as unlockable, paid content ;)

(Custom campaigns and offline single player I mean).

Reactions: pyf
Level 14
reforged? Remake?

What a monumental downgrade.

I said it back when they first started patching classic.

Why the fuck didnt they leave ClassiC ALONE make a new stand alone game and new balancing.

Its hilarious Current Blizzard aka the Game Developer I probably hate the most. Just destroyed my favorite game because they touched it 18 years later.

The takes some fucking SKILL

THANKS BLIZZARD

They better fix that this week.

Its unnacceptable that it launched this way missing perfectly working features.

Level 12
I don't believe that custom campaigns will remain removed, all the functionality is still in the game. All that is lacking is the selection option. It wouldn't make sense to cripple such a big part of the game for no reason.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I don't believe that custom campaigns will remain removed, all the functionality is still in the game. All that is lacking is the selection option. It wouldn't make sense to cripple such a big part of the game for no reason.
If that is the case, I'd surely write it at the "known issues" thread or something.

Level 14
the reforged campaigns are REALLY dumbed down on hard.

The post game screen is atrocious You no longer see goldlost to upkeep or any resource info, You dont see units lost or which factions killed you NOPE

Just How mana kills u got and how many buildings.....

Ping son minimap for quests
constant checkpoint saves
you start with 4-6 more workers in most missions
Example: Cult of the Damned Human 04
You have 3 pesants normally. in Deforged edition You start this mission with NINE
Enemies less aggressive
Trees that block secret creeps and items were just deleted
Items stack to 5 so you could enter March of the Scoruged with 10 scrolls of healing , and mana / HP pots for insane vendor gold at the start.
Some enemy types removed {Prologue05 NO MURLOC SORC hero, NO Glaive cleave murloc units)

Also if ANYONE played the 2nd prologue level OMG.

That HELLSCREAM voice insert they did because they didnt want to call him Grom
Like you have to listen to it

I cringed.
Voice overs were changed for sure Arthas giggled and it was a dead giveaway on Human mission 3. is this the new voice actor.

I probably going to just install my disks and find a 1.29 installer somewhere after i finish these campaigns and uninstall B.net so my favorite game ever isnt destroyed. Because thats what blizzard did with reforged.

The Sea witch the left a lvl 1 version of her on a innaccessable part of the Map Prologue05
In Prologue 04 check the bottom left of map.

I'm only on Human04 and I have to say this is a sloppy trainwreck.

I dont know how everyone is feeling but these graphics aren't as timeless as Original Warcraft 3 18 YEARS ago. And all the removed features, and information, and game modes, it's like.

What the fuck is going on. I actually broke my cheapo wireless mouse this morning when i threw it across room when i understood they removed custom campaigns.

Last edited:
@Anaxie Jesus. Why is every single game these days aimed at people with an iq below 80? I mean, even the suits at Blizzard must understand that an RTS is never going to appeal to the dumbest part of the population, right? Makes me think even more that they just wanted to milk another 40$ out of WoW players and don't care about the actual game Warcraft 3 in the slightest.

Level 14
wanna know something awesome?

On the TFT Nightelf level the Brothers Stormrage.
The 2 DK heros you know that ones that used the melee model.

Whelp it's 2 Frostmourn wielding Arthas's now because IMMERSION
Warcraft 3 Retard edition

Level 3
Hey just FYI you can Download wc3 classic from the warcraft 3 PTR and play custom campaigns etc no bloody idea how long they will keep it up for download Blizzard Entertainment especially since theres a thread about it in official forum but i can confirmed i got on and played the frozen throne custom game on it... its the same as pre reforged launch from what i can tell. DL it and keep to play custom campaigns at least, much smaller file than the bloated POS reforged.

Level 28
Well, even if they did remove custom campaigns from the game it shouldn't be a big problem. A campaign doesn't necessary need to be in .w3n format. You can still play the campaign even if the maps are made separately and the Game cache will work just fine.

The only downside of this however is that, if this is "truly" the case, then campaign makers will now be forced to seperate their campaign maps individually and import data from one map to another which will be a tiresome job for sure.

Level 20
Well, even if they did remove custom campaigns from the game it shouldn't be a big problem. A campaign doesn't necessary need to be in .w3n format. You can still play the campaign even if the maps are made separately and the Game cache will work just fine.

The only downside of this however is that, if this is "truly" the case, then campaign makers will now be forced to seperate their campaign maps individually and import data from one map to another which will be a tiresome job for sure.
You know there is a reason this is not being done.

Level 17
Just install a copy of classic as store it in a separate location to reforged. Now you get best of both worlds. if you want online go garena.

Status
Not open for further replies.