• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single player custom maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This has probably been asked before but I would like to be able to play my custom maps offline by myself in some cases. I like to do this so I can test strategies or practice maps that are suitable for 1 player. There's even several maps that are designed for single player. The only way so far I've discovered to play offline is to use the test map button on the editor. This would work to an extent if it were not for the fact the editor can't open most custom maps. Does anyone know of a way to play custom maps offline?

Level 6
Logout and go to LAN and create a game session with just yourself.

No, unfortunately that doesn't work either. It still treats it like being online.

I did finally figure it out though, and by accident. My wireless adapter broke the other day and so my PC was offline. When I went into the game it asked to play offline and this time, it actually was offline and had all the features including cheats, no disconnects, no lag, ability to save and restart mission and everything else the original WC3 let you do while in single player.

So hoping that anyone else who may be googling how to play single player finds this. Just disable your internet connection and it will let you play true single player.

Level 6
Oh nice. I haven't played in a while and the only difference when I did fire it up again was that I had no connection so I figured that was it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.