• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

snowy slopes

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
map Description as winter falls over lordaeron packs of snow cover the ground in a ever lasting white drift

this map includes...
lots of trees
8 gold mines total
about 16 creep camps
tavern
market place
fountain of health
2 goblin laboratory's
2 goblin merchants bolth can be found on the top right and left of the map

Keywords:
snow,melee,hills,snow fall,2 player,1v1,
Contents

snowy slopes (Map)

Reviews
13:47, 6th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
A defeat, but not a failure.

Fail description and isn't this a melee map?

This should be removed.

I am sorry, but the description sucks. And acoording to the guy above me, its not a meele map (or whoever you spell it) Although the terrain looks good..... Eh.... Well I do not want to Download it so ill just say... I Give it 2.5/5. All the poinst you go were for terrain. All points you lost were for the other stuff. Try harder next time buddy!:thumbs_down: OH AND CHECK THE MAP RULES BEFORE UPLOADING!!!!!:fp::fp:

Level 4
Kazema, it's no use. If there's one thing i've learned, it's that people HATE, and i mean HATE melee maps for some reason... every one i've ever made has been met with hate.

I've just downloaded it, and from what i can see off of the map, it looks pretty good for a melee map. If it's as good as it looks, i may have to contact you for a little... project, of mine. :D

EDIT: I agree as well. If you aren't going to download the map, and at least look at it, then you don't deserve to judge.

EDIT2: Oh wow... that is some beautiful terrain. However, for the creeps, might i suggest using the Ctrl key in addition to mouse clicking while you have one selected in order to change the way they're facing. Give the map a more polished look. I actually like the use of "Blizzcliffs" (wonders why everyone hates them) that you've got here.

Only gripe i have is that the gold mines in the corners are kind of squashed, or devoid of trees. I also like your idea of placing an item drop for the gold mines. :D

Last edited:
Level 31
I am sorry, but the description sucks. And acoording to the guy above me, its not a meele map (or whoever you spell it) Although the terrain looks good..... Eh.... Well I do not want to Download it so ill just say... I Give it 2.5/5. All the poinst you go were for terrain. All points you lost were for the other stuff. Try harder next time buddy!:thumbs_down: OH AND CHECK THE MAP RULES BEFORE UPLOADING!!!!!:fp::fp:
Kazema, it's no use. If there's one thing i've learned, it's that people HATE, and i mean HATE melee maps for some reason... every one i've ever made has been met with hate.

I've just downloaded it, and from what i can see off of the map, it looks pretty good for a melee map. If it's as good as it looks, i may have to contact you for a little... project, of mine. :D

EDIT: I agree as well. If you aren't going to download the map, and at least look at it, then you don't deserve to judge.

EDIT2: Oh wow... that is some beautiful terrain. However, for the creeps, might i suggest using the Ctrl key in addition to mouse clicking while you have one selected in order to change the way they're facing. Give the map a more polished look. I actually like the use of "Blizzcliffs" (wonders why everyone hates them) that you've got here.

Only gripe i have is that the gold mines in the corners are kind of squashed, or devoid of trees. I also like your idea of placing an item drop for the gold mines. :D

well, what a difference between the guy who actually tried it and the guy who just went "OMG DESCRIP SUX AUTO BAD1111"

Level 7
yes this is a melee map and i don't see any other way to describe it please tell me other wise. :pmeh:

To Kazema - I see you are willing to become a famous map maker and are trying to do things right.

So here are a few tips and tricks on how to do things (includes description tips):

First 1: Always be nice to people, even if there not nice to you.

Second: Always have a good preview map cover

Thirdly: Always have a valid description, if you need description help go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/how-add-good-map-description-154532/

Fourthly: Constantly update it and making it better is good, but if you are going to update the map, make sure the update is huge before doing soo. Minor unnecessary changes can annoy people.

Hope I helped and can't wait to see this map scale to even bigger heights,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck with the map and can not wait for the finished project.

Level 16
That would be because there is a big number of melee map choices made by blizzard, and there is no point in making more melee map, people mostly play warcraft 3 because of the fact that they can play custom maps(Dota freaks, etc.), and not for the melee classic gameplay, since it gets boring after a while.But they dont hate melee mapmakers, they just dont like melee maps :p.

This is like the weirdest failure comment on thw. :S
Have you ever heard of CONSTRUCTIVE critic, also, u cant rate/judge a map without downloading it, and testing it ingame

ON-TOPIC:

The description, well its kinda empty, perhaps u can adjust it better, for example add some ingame screenies, and some more details(number of goldmines, creep camps, etc)..for more check Lag_Reviews's link
However, im dowloading now, expect a full review in time.

Edit review:
Well, first of all, i couldnt take screenshots for some reasons, but anyhow.
The places near the goldmines seem to be "empty" as u didnt put trees or doodads on the 'non-playable region'(the black regions which are nonacessable).
I also noticed that there were lots of doodad spams around the map, and a lot of empty terrain, so i guess u need to fill this terrain(more different tilesets).
and so on.. keep updating.

Last edited:
Level 28
  • The description has to be improved.
  • Unfortunately, the initial cliff level isn't shallow water.
  • The trees aren't completely stacked near the gold mines.
  • The creep placement is very strange.
  • Gold mines have items on death?
  • Some creeps don't drop items, though they're stronger than other creeps, which do drop items.
  • Creep drop isn't well thought out (Always a random level X item).
  • Unbalanced (upper right has a few trolls, down left has a granite golems, 2 rocks golems, a dragon and 2 spidy's).
    In a 1v1 map, don't place creep camps at player locations, they'll be gone anyway.
    Up-right and down-left neutral buildings have different creeps.
Rejected.

Moon Lord Hawkeye said:
Wrong.

Level 3
I see that the description needs to be improved but there are some things i don't understand?
1.the creep placement?
2.the initial cliff level shallow water?
3.what is wrong with having starting creeps all they are there for is to help the players hero level?

I agree with some of the things you said but not all of them i know that it is your job to do this and i thank you for it...so that I can learn to do better in the future.

Level 28
I see that the description needs to be improved but there are some things i don't understand?
1.the creep placement?
2.the initial cliff level shallow water?
3.what is wrong with having starting creeps all they are there for is to help the players hero level?

I agree with some of the things you said but not all of them i know that it is your job to do this and i thank you for it...so that I can learn to do better in the future.

Yes: the creep placement isn't good, the "gnoll encampments" for example (up/down gold mines) are randomly scattered with gnolls (total level of the upper mine: 27, lower mine: 22), some gnolls don't auto-attack, others do, so if you build your camp there while your army is somewhere else, it might be attacked by gnolls you didn't see before, when you thought you cleared the area.

It's also unbalanced (some creep camps have a higher total level on red's side than on blue's side and the other way around) (and all the other things I listed previously).
I also think you misunderstood me, I said "don't place creep camps at player locations, they'll be gone anyway.", meaning you placed creeps at the position of the player's starting locations...
In a 1v1 map, you usually play with 2 people and the creeps placed near starting locations will automatically be removed, thus making them useless.

Sorry, I meant to say "Initial Water Level".
The initial water level can be set to shallow water to make some more realistic puddles (also used for rivers, though you didn't create any rivers).
Anyway, those puddles can be usede to give the terrain a little extra, to make it look better, but it's not possible to add it once you already made the map: you need to set it up when you create a new map.

Well, perhaps I'll see more of your work in the future (and perhaps those maps can get approved).
Good luck with that.

Edit: something I forgot to mention: all creeps should be set to "Camp (200)" (click on a unit, then you have 2 options: Normal and Camp, choose camp).
This is so creeps won't attack from too far.

Level 3
I see what you mean by the starting creeps and the water level the scattered gnolls was to give it a more real feeling i didn't want them to just be in one place guarding a gold mine i wanted it to feel more like an encampment the other gnolls are that are not by the gold mine are just doing something protecting there homes eating trying to stay warm ect...
they do auto-attack i wanted it that way so you have to do more looking once again a more real feeling as if that gnoll was hiding when the attack came upon the village and when he sees that they are gone and some undefended workers are there he wants to take revenge.
there are some unbalances that do need to be fixed and i will try that camp 200 thing thank you for your help.

Level 3
update

i have fixed what needed to be fixed i set the camp 200 made balance changes and a little more trees i hope that it can now be accepted

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 102
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 118