• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snowy Hill RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This RPG will include the following:
Quests
Save/Load function
Item Recipes
Storage
And much more!
(I can't think of more, but there is, so i put this)

First topic- Updating and models.
When I figure out a new way to do something that can help benefit the player and make the game more fun, the game will be updated and posted on the site. Updates will probably result in a character wipe, so you'll have to start over. Personally, I like character wipes because when you're the highest level, it is boring when you can do everything. Before my first version comes out, I'm wondering if I should add some custom models to my game, but I (again personal opinion) think undead monsters in a snow-based map is a good idea. I might add some models for the hero characters, though. Updates may occur when: I learn a new trigger, terrain change (not to often hopefully), bugs, etc.

Second topic- Leveling.

Leveling in my RPG won't be to hard. The monsters will have a high attack damage, but a slow attack speed. Like your character, you have a high attack damage with an average speed (agility helps increase that). When you kill an enemy, there will be a number above your characters head with the amount of EXP he earned from that kill. Leveling, in most cases, should not require a lot of people (unless you plan on being power leveled), but if you're worried about dying, bring along an ally.

Third topic- Characters:
Some characters involved in my RPG all have a background story on them and they include: Royal Knight, Vampire, Sharpshooter, Illusionist, Battle Mage, Samurai, Rogue, and Paladin. These eight unique characters all start out with their own starting skill, which are either passive or auras, and in order to increase the level of them all you have to do is level up (skill increases every 5 levels). Enemy characters will be undead (unless I add models) and will each have a certain level to them. The level they are determines how much EXP you get per kill.

Fourth topic- Item recipes:
I haven't yet started on these yet and they might not even be added in the first version. But when they are added the simple way to create an item is by walking into the blacksmith circle (located in town) with the required items (in order). To find out what order the items go in, you simply have to visit the Item Recipe Shop 1 or 2 (located in town). There you will find what items you need to complete the recipe. You DO NOT need to have the recipe scroll to create the item.

Fifth topic- Storage:
The storage is located in the bottom right hand corner of the map. To get there, simply just enter the circle in town that has the 'Enter Storage' text over it. The storage has two functions, the first is storing items. The second is reviving your hero if he dies (free of charge). Items in your storage will not save, so I recommend you only keep misc. items in there that go to a recipe.

Sixth topic- Items:
There are six types of items (none are made yet) and they are: Weapon, Shield, Helmet, Armor, Accessory 1, and Accessory 2. You may only have on ONE of these at a time. You can use whatever weapon you want at any level, so if the weapon is a staff being used by a warrior, the warrior may not pick up a sword or axe until he drops the staff. There will be different weapons for each class. Sharpshooters (use bow) will be able to use a shield, but it is not recommended that they do, instead use a defender (same concept of a shield, just doesn't slow you down). Every item (except weapon) will slow down your movement speed by a certain % (this can be helped with agility, some what) so be sure to use the right items.

Seventh topic- Quests:
When you start a quest, I recommend you finish it because all quests give you very decent rewards such as, items, exp, gold, and lumber (lumber is used for buying the second best items in the game (weapon, armor, helm, shield, acc 1, and acc 2)), so of course you can only get 1 lumber per game and the lumber will be set on the hardest quest... Killing the Ice God.

Eighth (and final) topic- Ice God:
Okay, so the Ice God (Lich model) is the one who has taken over the lands. When you kill him, he will drop an item (100% of the time) that is misc. and you use that (with a few other misc. items) to create the best items in the game (each of these items will give the properties of the character it is for, ex. bow gives att + agi) in order to do this you will need all of the required items. This is where the lumber comes into play... When you kill him, you will get 1 lumber, sell your current weapon to buy the lumber-costing weapon.

EDIT:
Accessory 1 and 2 have been changed to Glove and Ring.

Screenshots:
(terrain not done)
Community1.jpg

Alucard1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
I would have started with terrain first to know what types of characters would fit into the RPG. The triggers pretty much follow that part... but this RPG looks pretty well thought-out in terms of regular Warcraft 3 RPGs. Any chance you'll release the character backgrounds sometime soon? That's the part that interests me about RPGs, the way the character fit into the gameplay and storyline.

Level 3
So far that's all there is, for the most part, though, all the characters are done (the one shown is a vampire)... as far as the terrain... idk when i'll get around to finishing that... I'm not the greatest terrainer and I don't think i'm ever going to plan on being one, so the terrain for my map won't be all detailed and what not (hopefully better for people with an older computer), but it will be good enough for people to say, "Cool RPG."
Thanks.
~PlayersFear

Status
Not open for further replies.