• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snowy Hill ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone!
I haven't been making much maps since last year (if not longer, lol) and my friend and I stayed up one night (Saturday, I think) until 6 A.M and he says, "why don't you play warcraft 3?"
I didn't really have the answer, so I installed it and played awhile, then noticed how little the RPG host rate was now, and wow, it is extremely low (of what I've seen so far).
So I have decided to make an ORPG! It's called (title, duh) Snowy Hill ORPG. The first beta release will hopefully be here soon. I started last night, but then the file got lost, so I had to remake it.
So far there are:
Heros (very few spells; in progress)
Terrain (not near completion; paused)
Items (not even started; paused)
Triggers (I have most of it in mind; paused)
Mini Map and Loading Screen (I need to get photoshop and a key gen; paused)

As you can see, it is not even near completion, but I'm hoping between now and January 2009 the first beta test will be out. I'm also hoping that I won't need to much triggers for my spells, but I doubt that's going to happen (because I don't want people to get bored) and maybe make a few "special" classes you can't get from selecting a hero that will appear later in the game (like True Chaos, but in an easier way).

Since my birthday is tomorrow and it's Christmas, I don't know how much I'll be able to get done, so that just sucks :sad:

My beta release would be sooner, but I'm not getting the help I need. I would like to add some automatic item recipes, so I'm still learning on that, and plus, I'm not to good with variables :wink: BUT I think I can cover . . . because I'm learning it all!

Since this is my first ORPG that will probably ever be finished (I've started numerous before, never finished) it probably won't be the best terrain you've ever seen, but hopefully better than some other ORPGs out there.

What else? . . .
I guess that's it.

If you think you can help me in any way with spell triggers, variables, etc. contact me using my e-mail ([email protected]) or PM me on the site. Ask me what I need and I will gladly answer you as soon as possible :thumbs_up:.

Thanks!
~PlayersFear

P.S:
If my ORPG is a success, I'm hopefully going to create a clan (either U.S.East or U.S.West (most likely EAST)), but until then I'll be working on my ORPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.