• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snow theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Because the terran theme is still in a beta stage, i feel obliged to point out a bug:

None of the resource sections show up on the top bit.
No bug. I wanna separate the site more than already. So the themes are different sites.
I think it's cool. I had the Terran skin on but had grown kinda bored of it and turned the Night Elf skin on and the snow was a nice surprise :D
Nice to see you post here :)
It's cool I guess, but I don't really care about aesthetics in a website.
Wow that's awesome :)
I value the content of a website more than just pure looks. However, I must say that this website is one of the more "good looking" ones that I've visited on the mighty internet, and I agree that whomever designed it really did an outstanding job with keeping the "Warcraft" feeling into it.

Thanks goes to Darky who designed wc3sear.ch but their site died and we took over.

Level 9
Really nice theme, good work Ralle, also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Pretty much different that Australia is just a breezy nice day than just cold frost though, but otherwise cool theme :D .

Level 8
Yes it is good tough as stated before the blue border is ugly since everything else is so smooth.

Level 35
Yes it is good tough as stated before the blue border is ugly since everything else is so smooth.

You mean the one with the leaves and the one used in center? I like it though, its nice and cold.. can't really see how it is so ugly.

It could have had more snow because once you scroll down, you forget that it was ever changed

Nope you don't - The background is a much colder color and same are the leaves.. I didn't see the top when I entered the first time with the new theme, but noticed the difference immediately.

Level 22
The snow theme should be disableable for people in the southern hemisphere, as logically they will be having their summer now.

Fits the weather here in the Scotland perfectly though.

Lol good point. But if we go like that. it should be disabled for ppl in SE Europe as well because the weather suddenly became hotter and the snow melted. It's more like spring now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What I mean is there should be an option to turn it off if you feel it is horriably out of place, which for example someone living in Brazil or Australia might think where the mear idea of snow is seemingly unimaginable at this time of year.

Maybe you could have 4 themes with one for each season of the year? By default they could change every 3 months with each season as it comes and goes but you also have the option to run them offset so that people in the southern hemispheere get more matching styles?

Although this does not even affect me as I live in the Northern hemisphere lol.

Level 35
What I mean is there should be an option to turn it off if you feel it is horribly out of place, which for example someone living in Brazil or Australia might think where the mere idea of snow is seemingly unimaginable at this time of year.

Maybe you could have 4 themes with one for each season of the year? By default they could change every 3 months with each season as it comes and goes but you also have the option to run them offset so that people in the southern hemisphere get more matching styles?

Although this does not even affect me as I live in the Northern hemisphere lol.

Haha - Well can't you just change the theme or make it load the old saved theme from cache?

But yea - different seasons would be awesome. Then one could also change them according to ones mood. :wsmile:

Level 8
You mean the one with the leaves and the one used in center? I like it though, its nice and cold.. can't really see how it is so ugly.
No i don't mean it's Ugly but the blue border on top of the snow is ugly if you look at the leaves on the side you can see that they go over more smooth.

Level 8
or summer, remember spring is the season for blossoms. so little pink leaves falling down here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.