• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Argus Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
As I was browsing through the Burning Crusade pages, I noticed that the Draenei are a very interesting faction which could've been exploited to come up with a new theme: Argus (this is the name of the world the Draenei come from). While I initially wanted to call this theme Dalaran, I realized that Argus was much more interesting and fitted the theme itself better.

The colors of the theme may be disturbing for some of you because of the increased amount of violet I have used. But let's face it, there are not many forums that have adopted this color. Why not? Because it is very hard to come up with a nice atmosphere by using it. I think that in combination with a sapphiric blue and some gold, the theme is original and very good looking. I hope some of you will use it as your main theme.

If you have any complaints about certain parts of the theme, let me know by mentioning the exact page (an url would greatly help) along with some sample text. Custom buttons are at the moment unavailable but I will be working at them.

~Daelin

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Its a nice idea, though I'd like to see more blue-purple colors, in place of the current pink-purple colors. Like the text and post background for example.

WTF!? Why dont you admins have "+rep" button!?

Looks "Draenaish":grin: And btw, those themes are getting better and beter with each new one:grin:... i like, but text in some situations isnt prefect (attached)

Attachments

• BUG.JPG
    BUG.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 104
Level 18
In the top-left the current thread name is still pink, and you should change the vote for the hive banner to a different colour as it clashes. Badly.

I also still think the standard text would be better in blue or silver, but anyway.

-*meow*

Level 11
You still use pink everywhere when posting (I wonder why you wanted me to change the color if you still reject the style and post in whatever color you want) I know about the mauve at the path, I want it that way. Don't expect me to remove all violet around because it is essentialto the theme.

As for the "Vote for hive" banner, I suggest REMOVING it, but I don't know how, or else I would've already done it. It ruins the beauty of the theme.

~Daelin

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Daelin, ten times better now. Thanks.

Level 18
You still use pink everywhere when posting (I wonder why you wanted me to change the color if you still reject the style and post in whatever color you want) I know about the mauve at the path, I want it that way. Don't expect me to remove all violet around because it is essentialto the theme.

As for the "Vote for hive" banner, I suggest REMOVING it, but I don't know how, or else I would've already done it. It ruins the beauty of the theme.

~Daelin

I don't reject the style, I have my own style ;). And I want you to change the colour because then the people who just choose to go with the flow would have pretty text ^^.

-*meow*

Level 36
Excellent theme! Love the purple and the Draenei image at the top. It's a very magical feeling theme. Looks great. Once again I have to ask you the font you used for the hive workshop text in your image, as I love it :p The gold goes really great against the image. No complaints whatsoever. The buttons are so uber pwnage and I love the choice of blue! Keep up the themes :) BTW Since no one seems to want to take it up, could you make the Ralle Ice theme? It was a variation of Ralle style except white and blue, although something like your scarlet crusade theme in those colours would be phenominal :p KEEP MAKING THEMES! Hive has never looked so good :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.