• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slight Modification to Spell Submission Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Currently trying to procrastinate my homework and ran into the Spell Submission Rules post by Maker. I just had a few suggestions:
  • Move "You must post your spell's triggers in the spell's description." to the top of the list. I find this to be one of the most important things to do when uploading a spell submission (not that order of rule matters, having it at the top of the list makes it look important >:D you could also combine it with the "Spells must have an in-game screenshot and an adequate description." rule)

• "All local agents must be nulled before they fall out of scope." has already been implied in "The spell/system must be leakless..." I think the former can be removed

• "Function names must be unique and descriptive..." has already been implied by the "JASS code must be written to follow common JASS convention." rule. The former can be removed.

Level 22
Move "You must post your spell's triggers in the spell's description." to the top of the list. I find this to be one of the most important things to do when uploading a spell submission (not that order of rule matters, having it at the top of the list makes it look important

Agree, but it would be better if the Spells Section automatically have a link to the trigger viewer of the map itself.

Move "You must post your spell's triggers in the spell's description." to the top of the list. I find this to be one of the most important things to do when uploading a spell submission (not that order of rule matters, having it at the top of the list makes it look important >:D you could also combine it with the "Spells must have an in-game screenshot and an adequate description." rule)
Agree. Most of us are lazy enough to read lists. We just skim them but our eyes tend to read the first lines.

"All local agents must be nulled before they fall out of scope." has already been implied in "The spell/system must be leakless..." I think the former can be removed
This is not a common knowledge for those beginners. I didn't even know that agents leak(when I was a newbie), so just let it remain that way.

"Function names must be unique and descriptive..." has already been implied by the "JASS code must be written to follow common JASS convention." rule. The former can be removed.
That's different. Convention is like a rules for name styles, like ALL_CAPS_FOR_CONSTANTS or camelCaseForMethods. Convention covers all aspects, but it doesn't force everyone to make something descriptive or meaningful. This is why they are seperated.

Status
Not open for further replies.