• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Submission Rules - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
The Hive Workshop

Model Submission Rules

• No Model may violate any of THW's general or specific site rules as detailed in the FAQ

• Models must be original creations or have received the original author's documented and verifiable permission.

• No unedited models contained within the war3.mpq, war3patch.mpq, or war3x.mpq may be submitted.

• All building, destructible, item, and unit models must include a game camera or portrait model; attachment and doodad models need not.

• Building, destructible, and unit models that require animations should be properly animated.

• If the model requires custom texture files all necessary textures must be included.

• An image of the model must be submitted. In-game screenshots are strongly recommended.

• No models directly exported from games other than Warcraft III will be accepted.
    This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, World of Warcraft®.

• Models exported from other games may be accepted if the model editor has significantly modified the file.

• Resource Moderators shall decide on a case-by-case basis which models are acceptable. If a model is rejected, valid reason(s) must be stated.
This document is subject to future revision and/or amendment.

Level 32
Model Submission Rules

The above set of model submission rules have long been used by our model resource moderators to evaluate model submissions.

These guidelines have developed over time based on experience, practice and value-added results. Drastic changes are unlikely to occur although slight revisions are possible.

They are (somewhat belatedly) being made available to our community for information, consideration and discussion.

Before this discussion proceeds, I'll remind everyone that it's a VERY IMPORTANT topic in our Site Discussion forum. Flaming and off topic spam have no place here and will dealt with most severely.

What says The Hive?

Level 24
Sorry for topic ressurection, but I didn't know if what I have to say merits a new thread. As the old saying goes, better safe than sorry. Especially in site discussion...

On to what I have to say, there doesn't seem to be a Weaponless model tag, and it seems like a rather good idea. Also, if you search "weaponless" you find absolutely nothing.

Level 24
If you even search for "weaponless", absolutely nothing shows up. It's why I was inquiring. I'm rather certain that there are or should be weaponless models here, searching them one by one would definitely be a waste of time.

Level 45
I have moved the one that had your wip texture to the ignore section (no one can see or dl it besides model rec mods, tell me if you can see it to make sure)

I'll talk with Wolve when I have time or either Ralle to ask if model resource mods can have permission to edit people's model descriptions aswell.

As for the last model you showed..well.. I'll have to talk to Wolve about...that.. o.0

Level 32
This is also using my skin (however bad it was) without any credit given. Please delete it.

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1191

Also, why are there models that blatantly break the author's wishes?

This model is only authorised for download on www.wc3sear.ch

One example:

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1450
Indeed, Werewulf has ignored that particular model: the public can't see it without knowing the exact URL and no other user may re-upload that specific resource.

In regards to azruk: Last Activity: 08-23-2006. We can try to contact him, probability of success: unlikely. However if for any reason he feels that his work should not be made available to the Warcraft III community via The Hive Workshop, it will be removed.

Werewulf: you may now update icon and model resources (including descriptions).

Level 32
This model was made by me, animated by RF. Can yuo edit the description?
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/777/
I edited the description of that model.

Is there any key of choisng model to test by moderators? Cause some models are tested 5 min after submit and some after 2 weeks : o?
Resource moderators' time is limited. Presentation is very important to moderators when browsing the submission list. If a model has an IN GAME screenshot and a clear, detailed author's description it will appeal to moderators far more than those that lack them. If a model has defects that mods feel should be addressed, a delay for upgrades and updates is sure to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.