• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sleep spell sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I made a skill from sleep, the object editor says it has no sounds, I also removed all sounds from the buff it applies, but there is still the sleep sound when it's casted, is there a way to remove it?

Thanks for any info.

Level 13
that sounds kindof interesting...are you making the spell from sleep because of that invulnerability duration that it has? did you try casting sleep with a dummy unit?

i wonder what kind of spell it is if you don't want the sleep sound...why not try to trigger the invulnerability duration and use a spell that doesn't use a sound?

Level 8
I want the sleep effect, but not the sound (if hit it wakes up)

Is there another skill I can use to do it?

Still makes a noise if a dummy casts it, that is how I had it set up first.

Level 14
It's a pretty simple fix.
In the object editor data for your Sleep spell, you can either set the buff fields for the Sleep(Pause) and Sleep(Stun) to a buff that doesn't play that special effect OR modify both of those buffs their Art - Target fields.

The reason for the sound playing does not lie in the sound fields set in the object editor; it plays the sound because of the special effect: "Abilities\Spells\Undead\Sleep\SleepSpecialArt.mdl"

Level 8
I removed all art from the spell, Removed 2 of the buffs, used "Sleep Buff" modified the graphic to "stun", so there is nothing sleep about it.

Level 11
the sound is not base on the skill, if base on the special effect.

When the special effect of sleep (Abilities\Spells\Undead\Sleep\SleepSpecialArt.mdl) enter the map,
warcraft will automatic play the sleep sound (Sound\Internal\Abilities\Spells\Undead\Sleep\SleepBirth1.wav)

there is 2 way to avoid the sound,
1st way, avoid to use the special effect,
go to:
Objecteditor > Buff/Effect > Undead > Buff > Sleep(Pause) > Art - Target > Remove the path or change to other

2nd way,
go to Sound Editor > Sound > Internal > Abilities > Spells > Undead > Sleep > Right Click SleepBirth1.wav > Replace Internal Sound.
replace with a sound file that got no sound, or other sound u like~

Status
Not open for further replies.