• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sleep Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi !
I wanted to know if I could make a sleep ability in which the unit would like go to sleep (for a period you would set ??? like it gives you a message saying like "how long do you wish to sleep ?" and then you click say... 8 hours then you'll sleep for 8 game hours. Making it so during the time you sleep, you regenerate your health/mana. I hope someone could enlighten me there.

On an unrelated note, could anyone tell me what patch is the best/gives you the no cd needed function/allows you to create 32x32 maps. I forgot...

Thanks,

-Warcrafter

Level 3
I don't know if theirs a way to select how long you want to sleep but, you can make a bunch of different sleep spells each with different durations and change the description of the spells duration so that the player knows.

Level 3
You lost me... so it would be like...

dummy spell

trigger so that when you click the dummy spell, you get a dialog box

if you click say 1 hour, then trigger for your unit to fall asleep (need to find one), make a certain ammount of time pass and set health/mana regeneration ?

Level 6
If the dialog box is not an essential feature, you can just use channeling spells.

You can have the unit cast an Aerial Shackles with -dmg on itself; or you can have the unit cast Tornado on a point close to it (you can enforce proximity by setting cast range to a low value), and the summoned unit cannot move (has no movement) and has brilliance and unholy auras that have targets specified to match only the caster's unit type. -the latter method will work only if there is only 1 of the unit in the map at a time. Otherwise, the auras might affect similar units in range.

Status
Not open for further replies.