• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozen / Sleeping monsters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello,
I would like to know how do I create frozen / sleeping monsters ?

For my current project I would like to create a frozen environment containing sealed monsters. These monsters should, obviously, not move and be like frozen. I will add the crystal model to make it look as if they are sealed / frozen / sleeping.

How do I create such an environment, containing non-moving unit models ?

Level 12
I guess you can use doodads/destructibles as frozen units and change model to unit model.If that doesn't work try below solutions.

1)You can pause units via trigger ( +you can also stop their animations if pause unit doesn't already do that)

2)If your frozen units will not get unfrozed in game, you can make their owner neutral passive.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, alright, thank you!

No, they won't be unfrozen, but I hoped there is a way to create a custom model / modify a model and import it to use it as a doodad.
I don't really like these trigger doodads, just personal feeling.

Level 12
I think your solution should be possible, better wait someone with more knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.