• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, I haven't logged on for a while... Been busy in college.

Anyway, here's my request. I've tried every way in GUI, but it won't work

Spell name: Shock Pulse (10 lvls)

Spell description: Channels magic up to 3 seconds then sends 10 pulses of force through the earth, causing rock and debris to damage enemies within a 250 radius every .5 seconds for 5 secnds. Units become buried in rock after being hit a numer of times (for what I'm making, I need it to be after 3 hits). This skill will not damage targets buried under rock. However, if the unit is damaged while buried under rock, it is unearthed and will take damage from the spell again until hit 3 times and is again buried, or until the spell ends. Damage dealt by each pulse is equal to 100% of the Intelligence of the caster increased by 40% for each .2 second channelled past 1 second. Deals 500% Intelligence damage per pulse at level 10. Damage is decreased by the intelligence of the affected unit divided by 7. Channels for 1.2 seconds max at lvl 1, and 3 seconds max at full level. If this spell is cancelled before 1.2 seconds is over, it will not take effect.

So it deals damage per pulse for each level:
lvl 1: 140%
lvl 2: 180%
lvl 3: 220%
lvl 4: 260%
lvl 5: 300%
lvl 6: 340%
lvl 7: 380%
lvl 8: 420%
lvl 9: 460%
lvl 10: 500%

Last edited:
Level 5
Yeah, I realize it's worth around 7 rep points... If u cud mke a JASS code for it, it's fine. I just need it...

Level 15
I will make it, just too lazy to it right now. I thought it over and it is easy, but lots of work :(. I made a nice mist spell just a few days ago and it took me 1h 30mins to debug it... It is easy if done correctly, but lots of bugs will be present at the first few stages... But I will make it cos I can get 7 +reps :D (nah, I just like making cool spells).
EDIT: How come it jumped 140% INT as damage at level 4?

Level 5
Um, lets see. I think this is how you chart the damage.

1.2 seconds channeled = 140% Int damage
1.4 seconds channeled = 180% Int damage
1.6 seconds channeled = 220% Int damage
1.8 seconds channeled = 260% Int damage
2 seconds channeled = 300% Int damage
2.2 seconds channeled = 340% Int damage
2.4 seconds channeled = 380% Int damage
2.6 seconds channeled = 420% Int damage
2.8 seconds channeled = 460% Int damage
3 seconds channeled = 500% Int damage

Yeah. I checked the numbers and it turns out I miscalculated the damage I wanted... I'll edit the description.

By the way, I kind of figured out that pinning a unit under rocks would be a form of buff... Just in case I need another earth spell that has the same effect, but is only single target.

Well technically, you can freely edit the damage, with this formula:

Damage = ((Preferred integer)(Skill Level)) + Intelligence of Casting Unit

Level 5
Yeah, thanks. I'm busy with my course in mech engineering so I don't know when I can even get a whole lot of time to finish my map... But I'm trying... not much progress, but trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.