• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skill icons for DotA's hero suggestion? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everybody! i use to be around PlayDotA forums, and have seen tons of content from here, all of them highly detailed, finely designed and quite warcraftish. Therefore i got here and looked for some icons. I found an interesting icon from NTWar, whom i've already contacted here to clear out if he may have any problem for me using the icon (nevertheless, i aknowledged him on the credits), but sadly he said he was uninterested in doing any other icons for my suggestion :(

Therefore, and as i see that there's great talent in here, i invite you all to check my suggestion and, if anyone is interested, to craft new icons for skills ^^ Also, if anyone would like to critizise, suggest of whatever about my hero, all founded comments and suggestions are open for dialog ^^

Here's my suggestion (I'll past it here, so you don't have to go to Playdota's forum, and so you can read what spells do, and crack something in relation)
-notice that the current skill-theme is greenish, but i'd rather like it more violet-darkish, like on the 2nd skill; note the hero's skin-

Sorry for the little mess with skill tables; i can't use tables in this forum :(

Changelog:
  • Added an increment in Sticky Puddle's duration for slowed units.
  • Changed Cover of Darkness's MP Channeling cost for HP cost.
  • Deleted Aghanim's effect, and damage toggled by dead now has an AoE.
  • Sticky Puddle's AoE made scalable.
  • Slightly decreased Agi gain from 2.9 to 2.7
  • Added the Background Story. Credits below.
  • Oozka made Meele, and MS increased again.
  • Added Mudshot, and Dissolve in the Mud changed to be able to target both Puddles and Mudshotted units.
  • Cover of Darkness made meele.
  • Dissolve in the Mud changed to be able to target Puddles and Mudshotted Mud-covered units.
  • Dark Slime now gives passive MS to you, and is activable to give enemies decreased MS, DoT and become mud-covered.
  • Dissolve in the Mud's cooldown splited when using it with puddles and with mud-covered units.
  • Sticky Puddle now has an added mud-covering effect.
  • Added 1 icon from Hiveworkshop (for Sticky Puddle; credits below)
hs.gif

BTNSludgeCreature.png

Dweller of the Marsh
Oozka

Background Story:

Deep down beneath the Frozen Throne, a mystical creature was kept dormant within his eternal rest for thousand of years. Suddenly it was woken up by the sound of battle, war and dispair that overwhelmed the land above his lair. Angry and hungry, it swiftly crawled onto the surface, right under the foot of Scourge necromancers who saw this creature and were terrified by its appearance; only the Lich King could have known what it was: a forgotten sludge, the dweller of long forgotten underground marshes where everything is rot and death. With his powerful spell, the Lich King could finally tame the sludge and made it the royal servant for the Throne under the name of Oozka. Now, with insane speed and toxic slime, Oozka brings horror among the Sentinel army. Corpses are found inside the sticky mud field and witnesses can only saw a shadow disappeared into those horrible field.

Strength - 19 + [1.9]
Agility - 24 + [2.7]
Intelligence - 12 + [1.6]

sludgebeast.gif

as.gif

Affiliation:|Scourge
Damage:|56 - 59
Armor:|4.1
Movespeed:|295
Starting HP/MP:|520/240
Attack Range:|125 (melee)

skill-3.gif
icons_9728_btn.jpg
skill-0.gif
skill-0.gif

sk.gif

Dark Slime - (Passive, Activable)

__________|Oozka leaves a trail of dense and putrefying slime which helps his movement. At will, he can expell a more dense trail that covers units with mud, slowing enemy units and poisoning them with deadly fumes.

stable.jpg

__|____.|________.|_______.|___.|_______.|__________________________.
|Mana|Cooldown|C. Range|AoE|Duration|Effects
1|16 Mana/second|N/A|N/A|50|4 Seconds|Increases Oozka MS by 5%; If activated, Oozka leaves a dark trail. When enemies are over it are Mud-Covered, get -10% MS and are dealt 2 damage per second.
2|19 Mana/second|N/A|N/A|70|4 Seconds|Increases Oozka MS by 7%; If activated, Oozka leaves a dark trail. When enemies are over it are Mud-Covered, get -14% MS and are dealt 4 damage per second.
3|22 Mana/second|N/A|N/A|100|4 Seconds|Increases Oozka MS by 10%; If activated, Oozka leaves a dark trail. When enemies are over it are Mud-Covered, get -19% MS and are dealt 6 damage per second.
4|25 Mana/second|N/A|N/A|150|4 Seconds|Increases Oozka MS by 14%; If activated, Oozka leaves a dark trail. When enemies are over it are Mud-Covered, get -25% MS and are dealt 8 damage per second.

Notes:
  • AoE marks the trail's width when activated.
  • Units that are next to Oozka (for example, when meele-attacking him) are affected by the slow/DoT effect.
  • The trail lasts 4 seconds after Oozka stepped over there, so it becomes slightly longer the faster he runs.
  • Slow/DoT lasts 2 seconds after the enemy leaves the trail.
  • Units are mud-covered as long as they stay on the trail.
  • Units that are mud-covered can be targeted with Dissolve in the Mud

Sticky Puddle - (Active, Affects enemy heroes)

stable.jpg

1|50|90|600|100|Infinite|When an enemy hero passes by, it's trapped and needs to run through the edge of the puddle for 1 second to escape. Can trap 1 hero. Max 2 Puddles. Oozka gets Dissolve in the Mud lv1.
2|50|70|600|160|Infinite|When an enemy hero passes by, it's trapped and needs to run through the edge of the puddle for 1 second to escape. Can trap up to 2 heroes. Max 3 Puddles. Oozka gets Dissolve in the Mud lv2.
3|50|50|600|230|Infinite|When an enemy hero passes by, it's trapped and needs to run through the edge of the puddle for 1.5 second to escape. Can trap up to 3 heroes. Max 5 Puddles. Oozka gets Dissolve in the Mud lv3.
4|50|30|600|300|Infinite|When an enemy hero passes by, it's trapped and needs to run through the edge of the puddle for 2 second to escape. Can trap up to 5 heroes. Max 6 Puddles. Oozka gets Dissolve in the Mud lv4.

Notes:
  • Each puddle lasts until 11 seconds after being toggled. Can only be toggled once.
  • Puddles are targeteable, and have the Reform skill. (Read Dessolve in the Mud) If Oozka uses Reform on the same puddle he is, he'll come out after 1 second delay.
  • When puddles are toggled, all affected units become mud-covered" for the duration of the hold.
  • Puddles has a sight range of 300/300.
  • Puddles don't prevent neutrals from spawning and do't trap neutral/summoned/dominated creeps nor Roshan.
  • Puddles don't prevent heroes from attacking within range, using items or skills, it only prevents them to get away.
  • Trapping animation is similar to Slark's Pounce, but they need to run continuosly to be liberated.
  • Until trapped units successfully struggle for the required time, they are still trapped.
  • Heroes under slow effects need an additional 0.5/1/1.5/2 second to escape.
  • Puddles take 1 second to arm, have invisibility (3 seconds fade time), magic immunity and 100 HP at all levels, and show an icon on the minimap.

Dissolve in the Mud - (Active)

stable.jpg

1|60|80sec*/15sec**|600***|N/A|N/A|Disappears on a puddle and reappears on another after up to 9 seconds / Jumps behind a mud-covered unit.
2|50|70sec*/12sec**|600***|N/A|N/A|Disappears on a puddle and reappears on another after up to 7 seconds / Jumps behind a mud-covered unit.
3|40|55sec*/10sec**|600***|N/A|N/A|Disappears on a puddle and reappears on another after up to 5 seconds / Jumps behind a mud-covered unit.
4|30|35sec*/7sec**|600***|N/A|N/A|Disappears on a puddle and reappears on another after up to 3 seconds / Jumps behind a mud-covered unit.

Notes:
  • Dissolve in the Mud can target Puddles or Mud-covered units.
  • *Cooldown aplies when using Dissolve in the Mud with puddles.
  • **Cooldown aplies when using Dissolve in the Mud with mud-covered units
  • ***Casting range marks the max distance from where Oozka can jump and enter the puddle/jump after a mud-covered target.
  • If cast on a mud-covered unit, Oozka jumps behind the unit instantly. (As it implies only the jump and no travelling, there's no delay)
  • The "out" puddle is selected by clicking on it and using Reform.
  • The time that takes to exit increases (up to the limit) the more distant the target puddle is, and starts counting from the moment Oozka clicks on the "Reform" icon within the puddle.
  • While travelling or within a puddle, Oozka gains 10 HP regeneration, is hidden and invulnerable.
  • While Oozka is hidden on a puddle, that puddle can't be triggered by enemy units. If the puddle is destroyed with Oozka inside, he'll recieve 100 damage and ministun.

Mudshot - (Active, Targets enemy heroes.)

stable.jpg

1|80|20 seconds|600|N/A|6 seconds|40% Miss, -10% AS. Unit becomes Mud-covered for the duration.
2|80|18 seconds|600|N/A|6 seconds|50% Miss, -15% AS. Unit becomes Mud-covered for the duration.
3|80|16 seconds|600|N/A|6 seconds|60% Miss, -20% AS. Unit becomes Mud-covered for the duration.
4|80|14 seconds|600|N/A|6 seconds|70% Miss, -25% AS. Unit becomes Mud-covered for the duration.

Notes:
  • Being Mud-covered enables a unit to be targetted with Dissolve in the Mud.

Cover with Darkness - (Active, Channeling, Targets single units)

stable.jpg

1|110 + 45 HP/second|90 secs|125|N/A|Until deactivated|Affected unit is unabled to use skills or items, slowed by 10%, and dealt 90 damage per second. If Oozka is killed while grapping the target, it deals additional 200 AoE damage before dying.
2|140 + 60/second|75 secs|125|N/A|Until deactivated|Affected unit is unabled to use skills or items, slowed by 15%, and dealt 130 damage per second. If Oozka is killed while grapping the target, it deals additional 350 AoE damage before dying.
3|180 + 90/second|40 secs|125|N/A|Until deactivated|Affected unit is unabled to use skills or items, slowed by 20%, and dealt 195 damage per second. If Oozka is killed while grapping the target, it deals additional 550 AoE damage before dying.

Notes:
  • Damage type: magical (on both Oozka and target)
  • When cancelling Cover with Darkness, Oozka is stunned for 1.5 seconds.
  • Cover of Darkness is a channeling spell
  • Using Cover with Darkness on a magic immune unit will still disable him, but no damage will be dealt to the targeted unit. (unless Oozka gets killed)

Credits:
  • my sincere thanks to ghuy_9391 for the background story ^^ i did add some dots and comas and stuff, but it's his idea.
  • I'd also like to thank NFWar from Hiveworkshop for such nice and fiting icon (for Sticky Puddle); i need to point out that i took the icon from there, and therefore aknowledge his creator, i had no chance to speak with him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.