• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skill Gaining System Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
First of all, This is needed for this <unnamed map>, I want a system that is leakless, MUI and all. (and obviously, written in GUI)

So what is this system?

One trigger will make a list of units.

All this units will be referred to as something or a variable. Now create another trigger that will only apply to ALL units inside the said variable.

If a unit killed 10 units, add "x" ability. Then, killed 25 ability, add "y" ability + remove "x' ability, and lastly killed 50 units, add "z" ability + remove "y" ability.

"x", "y" and "z" is a representation of different abilities.

Please make your trigger as organized as possible and do what I exactly explained. I WANT A DEMO MAP, NOT CODES IN A "TRIGGER" TAG.

For questions, Post a reply here.

Best Regards,
RaijinSpark

Level 33
I used Item Bonus Damage as dummy ability to count the unit's total kills
I used the IF/THEN/ELSE function Equal to 6, 11, 16 (and not 5, 10, 15) is because the level of that ability starts with 1
So, 1 kill = +1 level of that ability
1 kill = Level 2
5 kill = Level 6 = Add ability
And so on...
If you have question, please ask :)
Test map attached
Press ESC key in-game to check out the level/kills for that unit

Attachments

• Simple Skill Gaining System.w3x
    14.7 KB · Views: 59
Level 9
I used Item Bonus Damage as dummy ability to count the unit's total kills
I used the IF/THEN/ELSE function Equal to 6, 11, 16 (and not 5, 10, 15) is because the level of that ability starts with 1
So, 1 kill = +1 level of that ability
1 kill = Level 2
5 kill = Level 6 = Add ability
And so on...
If you have question, please ask :)
Test map attached
Press ESC key in-game to check out the level/kills for that unit
Aw! you stole my customer :D :ogre_frown: :ogre_frown: btw yours NON-MUI. Mine too. here's my updated version.

Attachments

• Skill Gain Sys By Marc Mamales.w3x
    34 KB · Views: 85
Level 19
I'll use defskull's system, stable and easier to use/edit. But don't worry yours (Marc Mamales;) is good too (oh and floating text aren't mentioned in the request, nor it is needed, but still thanks), rep is free so I'm giving you both.

defskull,

I'll tell you when I found bugs or I might ask how to do this or that in the near future.

Maker,

Why don't you make a better one then? if you don't like then stop posting shits. If you want to suggest stuff for them PM or VM are there.

-Equalizer-,

You too, stop random posting. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.