• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site Question ( Reputation )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
This reputation change would have been retroactive, but because of the inefficient and unrestrained manner by which the staff gives award reputation for contests, there's no way to make it retroactive without making contests worth at most 4 rep. The administration weighed the pros and cons considerably and are currently settled in having this change not be retroactive.

Sorry. It's not like rep really matters anyways.

Level 22
I think we are in need of clarification here.

Current rep power is indeed retroactive. Meaning that the rep power for people with 0 rep jumped to 1 as soon as the change was made. What is NOT retroactive is any rep they have given in the past. Any future rep should be corrected.

So, the reason that you got 0 rep from that person is because that account has a negative reputation. Negative reputation still yields a rep power of 0.

Level 27
Current rep power is indeed retroactive. Meaning that the rep power for people with 0 rep jumped to 1 as soon as the change was made. What is NOT retroactive is any rep they have given in the past. Any future rep should be corrected.
Err? Retroactive means "acts on the past"..

So, the reason that you got 0 rep from that person is because that account has a negative reputation. Negative reputation still yields a rep power of 0.
Alright, didn't know this bit, this was good clarification.
--donut3.5--

Level 14
Ghan_04 said:
Yeah, read what donut said -- by very virtue of me calling it retroactive it meant reputation given in the past and removed any ambiguity. It's okay, though, I'm just clarifying. :)

Level 24
So basically it is like this now: (Just to clear a few things up)
  • Users with <0 reputation (i.e. negative reputation) gives 0 reputation points.
  • Users with >=0 reputation (i.e. positive reputation) gives 1 reputation point.
  • Rep "power" is increased by each 200th reputation point the "giver" has, and also by each 2500th post count the "giver" has.
Have I understood the system completely correct now?

Status
Not open for further replies.