• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Player RPG Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay, so based on the feedback I have gotten recently, I have decided to make a Single-Player Role Playing Game. Reasons? Well, I think that they are (mostly) easy to work on by yourself with a little bit of motivation here and there and a tad of help as well.

So, what I was thinking of asking is if anyone had any ideas? I've always wanted to create my own huge fantasy universe, based in the middle ages, like Lord of the Rings or even World of Warcraft.

I know doing something like that is a lot of work, and I can even find some pieces of paper of "designs" of a world from when I was younger, but I want to work on it over time sort of thing. And have it in most of my maps/games.

Anyway, back to business. So I was thinking if anyone had any ideas for a SPRPG. Here is a list of things it must at least include...

*It must be set in the Middle Ages, and cannot be comical.
*It must include a main Villain. Examples are Sauron from LotR and Arthas from WoW.
*Oh, and it has to be your own ideas (like no Hobbits for example)

If you didn't understand me, I pretty much just want ideas for a medieval aged single player role playing game. :grin:

Thanks for your help and support. I will of course give credit to those who ask.

Level 18
Well, I don't know exactly what you need in this moments but I will give you a couple ideas I have for single player RPG.

First time events, one thing that can be annoying of a single player map is that if you don't finish a event (example defeat local boss),the world remain still. My idea would be to add timmer triggers and event counter triggers that will make some changes in the wold.
For example if you delay more than 15 minutes in the starting area the war in the next area will start without you, and they will loose. So now the second area will be a barren place more hostile to the player.
Also that can work the other way arround, if you do something in the game prior to the event. (You kill the boss of the enmy army) then even if you are not present in the war of the second area your Allies will win, granting you better shops and stuff when you reach the place.

The point is to add more dynamic change to the world and not just be a RPG that waits for the Player to do every single thing.

(For me playing a RPG that progress and change itself "maybe the war is a 50-50% chance to win so you dont really know the outcome unless you participate", would be most interesting.)

Level 7
@cleavinghammer - No sorry, by not comical I mean like no "silly" things in a way. For example walking sheep men with laser beam eyes are not accepted :p

Your ideas are fine though. I want the world to be as real as possible. For example, the cheating husband example is great because that is what really happens (from time to time, I guess) and add reality from the game. Also, if you were fighting and fighting and fighting all day long, you might begin to feel bored with the sameness of the quests. However, when you add "funny" things to the game, that do not include fighting it gives the player something to laugh at and chillax :)

@ Astaroth Zion

First time events, one thing that can be annoying of a single player map is that if you don't finish a event (example defeat local boss),the world remain still. My idea would be to add timmer triggers and event counter triggers that will make some changes in the wold.

Lol. I was just playing a SPRPG (can't remember name) that had the timer triggers and event counter stuff and it was pretty good. Thanks for the idea :)

For example if you delay more than 15 minutes in the starting area the war in the next area will start without you, and they will loose. So now the second area will be a barren place more hostile to the player.

Cool example. I was thinking of doing something very similar like this. Things that can affect future gameplay (like another war) if you do not particiapte in something previously.

Also that can work the other way arround, if you do something in the game prior to the event. (You kill the boss of the enmy army) then even if you are not present in the war of the second area your Allies will win, granting you better shops and stuff when you reach the place.

Another great example, and I like it! Like if you go to a town with a really harsh group of bandits walking around. From time to time they come and pick up money. Once you get there, the town might be really poor and sell a very low amount of items. But if you then kill the bandits as a quest or something, the people will be relieved of stress and sell more advanced items :)

Thanks for the ideas and help Astaroth Zion. +REP to you :)

Level 28
How about something like a multi-sided war, where you alternately control a group of standard heroes fighting to rid the land of oppression, and another group that wants to bring peace... by beating the warring factions into submission?

Sidequests for each mission would make the following missions harder or easier. For example if you let a supply caravan through in one mission, the next mission starts you off with extra money and troops. Successfully destroy an enemy base in one level, you don't get that allied base in the next. And so on and so forth.

Needless to say, they'll have to join forces in the end.

Also, if you think you can fit an "activate the long-forgotten superweapon" subplot, I have an idea for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.