• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sinandru de Terav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Forest1.jpg

"Through the whimsical Forest of Whispers lies a road. This road, known to the people that inhabit the region as 'Sinandru de Terav', or Path of Sinandru, is said to guide you to an ancient lake in which the goddess Sinandru slumbers.

Legend has it that the Forest of Whispers was one a fertile plain in which a human empire resided. Once the empire perished, Sinandru fell into a deep sleep in a lake nearby, and ever since, nature has risen from the ground and turned the rolling terrain into a sprawling haven for flora and fauna. Still, the ruins of the empire are seen in the forest, especially along the Path of Sinandru."

This is probably the first terrain where I've experimented with custom fogs, a bit of lightning, and the angled light rays. I feel it needs some improvement.

Reactions: ZIR
Level 6
So far it looks good, it is clear where you are aiming at and which kind of atmosphere you want to create. (Also I like your small decription).
First of all: the light ray on the left hand, need to be stretched or raised a bit more so that you can see the circled end.
Then I think the fog could have a more densitiy, you could experiment with z-begin stuff.
Regarding the terrain, I would replace the grass with another grass model, this ones looks kind of crappy and the broken columns (the head ones) could be lowered more into the ground.

Hope I could help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.