• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple tips for a good map... [Reviewed: Ghan]

Level 7
These are a few simple things to make your map liked more.

1. Your map is your map, be creative accept others advice but don't disregaurd your own common sense with things.
  2. If you find your map isn't getting anything done to it: ORGANISE, make sure you allot some time to it, and if you don't have any time at all you should try again some other time, noone likes a map that has been rushed to the due date.
  3. Make it so people can contact you with things on your map, this is extremly important once you release a working version, people like to be involved in your map (Well some people...)
  4. Spell correctly and remember to use proper grammer "welcom to me mep" isn't very good.
  5. Name your map nicely people expect more from a map called "The paths of darkness" to a map called "MONKEY TD"
  6. Even though you may not want to give away your "Fabulous ideas" other people need information to help you, meaning you can't request some help from someone with a "I need a pro skinner to help me with my map" and have the same thing inside the post.
  7. Orgonise your triggers! This may mean nothing to the people playing it but it will save you time having everything tagged and labeled instead of a clutter.
  8. Getting your map hosted is a good idea but you need to have done 75% on it and it has to be good enough to be accepted, mostly rpgs and Orpgs need to be hosted but you can get others hosted too... But don't expect a melee map to be hosted.
  9. Take a break from working on your map now and then and it help, it really does.
  10. Enjoy working on your map, if its becoming slave labour then your doing something wrong with your mapmaking scedule.

Level 22
This really isn't much of a tutorial. It's more of a quick list of advice.
A tutorial usually walks people through how to do something specific. This doesn't really do that. That's not to say it's not useful, just that it doesn't qualify as a tutorial.