• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple spell requests:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm just learning triggers, and these spells have been really bothering me, so any help would be much appreciated.

Spell: Pretty similar to Zeus' from Dota, a bolt comes from the sky and hits every hero on the map for damage, than cyclones them shortly.

So something like this:

Level 1- 150 Damage, 2 second cyclone
Level 2- 225 damage, 3 second cyclone
Level 3- 300 damage, 4 second cyclone
It's also going to be an ultimate, if that's relevant.

The next skill is basically a warcry that pushes units backwards and does damage. It might look something like this:
Level 1- 250 AoE, 50 damage
Level 2- 350 AoE, 90 damage
Level 3- 400 AoE, 130 Damage
Level 4- 500 AoE, 180 damage

If you'd like to help me out, thanks in advance.

Level 2
hmm you might want to make a war stomp with a bolt stun graphic (change the stun buff to a lightning bolt), since the bolt move hits all enemies, do the trigger:pick all units that belong to (enemy side) and do actions. Create a dummy caster with cyclone and make it use it on the target unit. You might want to do an if/then/else for the different levels eg:
If level of ability is 2, create dummy unit and change level of cyclone to 2, order last created unit to cyclone picked unit.

Eh im not good at explaining things but i hope you kinda understood what i said, as witht he bash move i can honestly say i dont knwo yet. Im sure someone else will simplify this

Level 11
Your skills are very easy to do. The second one moreover already exists. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=528&sid=210fed1e34d49288b449008d5885f75b

As for the first one, all you need is three dummy unit (read FAQ to get it), each for a level of hte spell. The first dummy unit should have Cyclone level 1, the second one Cyclone level 2 and the third one Cyclone level 3. I'd also suggest getting another dummy unit which will perform te damage. Now going to triggers:

Event - an unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being Cast equal to YourAbility
Actions - Pick Up every unit matching conditions (Unit Belong to Enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to True) and (Unit is a hero equal to true) and do actions
- If (Level of YourAbility for (Casting Unit) is equal to 1
-> Create one Dummy for (Owner of (Casting Unit)) at position of (Picked Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Damage (Picked Unit) for 150
-> Set Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit) at 1 second
-> Create one Dummy(level 1) for (Owner of (Castig Unit)) at position of (Picked Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Cyclone (Picked Unit)
- Set Expiration Timer ot (last Created Unit) at 1 second

Now, do the same thing for level 2 and 3 and it's done.

Level 2
all you need is three dummy unit
Not nessessarily true. all you need is 1 unit with 1 spell of cyclone (cyclone with 3 levels). do an if/then/else trigger. do
IF ability is level 2
THEN set level of cyclone on dummy unit to 2
cast ability on target unit
ELSE do nothing

Level 2
Thanks alot for the help guys, theres just one thing I'm having trouble with.

This is under conditions, so I was just wondering where it fits in the trigger.

Oh, and also one more thing: how do I get set the trigger so the dummy casts my custom spell? It's only allowing me to select the basic abilities.

Level 11
Pick Up every unit matching conditions (Unit Belong to Enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to True) and (Unit is a hero equal to true) and do actions
-> Create one Dummy for (Owner of (Casting Unit)) at position of (Picked Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Damage (Picked Unit) for 150
-> Set Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit) at 1 second
-> Create one Dummy(level 1) for (Owner of (Castig Unit)) at position of (Picked Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Cyclone (Picked Unit)
- Set Expiration Timer ot (last Created Unit) at 1 second

After all these you do another IF for level two and another one for level 3. You can find it as an ACTIOn (IF - Condition THEN do Actions else Do Actions).

As for the dummy... If you based your spell off cyclone it doesn't matter if the dummy doesn't have the original cyclone. Just use the Night Elf - Druid of the Talon - Cyclone. You practically based the spell off Cyclone so there shouldn't be any problem...

Level 2
Oh alright, thanks, that cleared things up. Regarding the dummy, I was referring to the other dummy I made, the one that casts the lightning bolt spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.