• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I did a brief one through a couple beginner Jass tutorials, And i was wondering do all of the BJ Functions have a native that they use? Like:
JASS:
call IssueImmediateOrderBJ( GetAttacker(), "stop" )

Can i call this function without having to use (forgive me im a beginner) BJ?

I can read a Jass trigger, I cannot recreate one - yet, but im trying to stomp my way through this. I came across a trigger that had this, and wanted to see if there was a more convenient way of doing this.

Level 16
If you mean use this in GUI, then you can use Custom Script, rewrite the BJ functions, or just create a JASS trigger, but using the Native in GUI is impossible, unless you edit GUI, which i dont know how to.

Level 6
every BJ function calls another function and yes you can call these functions direct you just need the right name. in your example the name is just without the BJ.

with the newjassgen editor you have a function list where you can look them up. because some functions have completly other names and take the arguments in an other order.

Level 15
This is the native:
JASS:
IssueImmediateOrder
Also, if you need a little native search tool, I suggest JassCraft, but you gotta mod it slightly first.

Modding it makes it use the newest natives and stuff, and its really easy. Just copy the blizzard.j and common.j files from your Warcraft folder to the Jasscraft folder. It also acts a syntax checker.

If a syntax checker/native checker is all you need, Jasscraft (with a little change), is good enough, although the new natives may not be displayed properly in the native list, but its checked correctly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.