1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[JASS] Simple Question

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by CrueIIntentions, Sep 26, 2009.

1. CrueIIntentions

CrueIIntentions

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did a brief one through a couple beginner Jass tutorials, And i was wondering do all of the BJ Functions have a native that they use? Like:
    Code (vJASS):

call IssueImmediateOrderBJ( GetAttacker(), "stop" )

Can i call this function without having to use (forgive me im a beginner) BJ?

I can read a Jass trigger, I cannot recreate one - yet, but im trying to stomp my way through this. I came across a trigger that had this, and wanted to see if there was a more convenient way of doing this.

2. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you mean use this in GUI, then you can use Custom Script, rewrite the BJ functions, or just create a JASS trigger, but using the Native in GUI is impossible, unless you edit GUI, which i dont know how to.

3. EpixBelongToMe

EpixBelongToMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    every BJ function calls another function and yes you can call these functions direct you just need the right name. in your example the name is just without the BJ.

with the newjassgen editor you have a function list where you can look them up. because some functions have completly other names and take the arguments in an other order.

4. CrueIIntentions

CrueIIntentions

Resources:
    Resources:
    And where can i find this newjassgen? If I could find it. My learning of Jass will become a whole lot easier im guessing

5. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  6. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is the native:
    Code (vJASS):
    IssueImmediateOrder

Also, if you need a little native search tool, I suggest JassCraft, but you gotta mod it slightly first.

Modding it makes it use the newest natives and stuff, and its really easy. Just copy the blizzard.j and common.j files from your Warcraft folder to the Jasscraft folder. It also acts a syntax checker.

If a syntax checker/native checker is all you need, Jasscraft (with a little change), is good enough, although the new natives may not be displayed properly in the native list, but its checked correctly :D

7. Mooglefrooglian

Mooglefrooglian

Resources:
    Resources:
    NewGen gives you a searchable function list as well as syntax highlighting.