• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] can jass change art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey im a beginner jass programmer and i was wondering if there is a function that can control art of units or their projectiles
i looked over jasscraft native list and didn't find it is there a way?

Level 8
There is no native to do stuff like that, but that doesnt mean that it is impossible.

For changing unit textures you can use that Toadcops dynamic texture changing thingy, which can be found from wc3c.net. ( Its called DUSC if I remember right )

For unit projectiles you should sue some projectile system, which handles all ranged attacks, instead of using normal wc3 ranged attacks. This is cool also because it allows you to make for example some slow time stuff that slows ranged attack projectiles. ( Like Blueshift in Tides of Blood )

Status
Not open for further replies.