• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well earlier i was planning to retexture a model and this is what i did

1.Open Wc3 Viewer and open the model i want to retexture

2.Conver the blp file into a Jpeg Image

3.Edit the Jpeg image to make a new texture

4.i convert it again to Blp (so the model's texture will become Different)

Now the model won't work it says the blp is missing.. now the question is how
to attach the new texture to the model??

Make sure the file is in the appropriate location. If the path was, for example, "Textures/Mytexture.blp" you would need to make a folder within the folder that the model is in called "Textures" and place your skin in there.

If you don't want to be making a bunch of folders you can edit the path using a model editing program. A good program to do this in is Magos' War 3 Model Editor. It's in the Tools database somewhere. It's easy to use, so I don't imagine you'll be pulling your hair trying to fix this.

And, for the record, .tga is recommended for skin editing. Jpeg is bad for quality and the fact that it lacks alpha channels. .Bmp isn't much better either. Anyways, convert it to .tga for starters and convert it back to .blp when it's done.

Level 24
Oh. :p
You'll need Magos Model Editor, open the model in that program and go into the texture manager. Then right click somewhere in the texture manager window and choose Import and import your texture. Once imported, close the texture manager. Now CTRL + Click on the part you want to attach the texture to and go into the material manager, the part you CTRL + clicked on will be highlighted in this window, open this material and then that material's material layer and from there you can set the material's texture to your imported one, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.