• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Passive Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

1. I need certain unit types to have a passive ability (specifically +1 armor) only during night, and lose this bonus during the day.

2. When a hero has a specific item I need a certain ability to be enabled. Specifically I use it to give +5 damage to summoned units when worn.

I'm having trouble making these abilities go away if their conditions aren't met. If possible, I'd like these abilities to appear in the UI even while inactive. Any help is appreciated.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Isn't there a "time if day becomes X" Event? Can you just have two triggers to cycle them on & off respectively?

For the "still visible"... Perhaps instead of removing them, replace them with a dummy ability that sits in the same command card slot but does nothing?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Isn't there a "time if day becomes X" Event? Can you just have two triggers to cycle them on & off respectively?
When I do that and try to disable that ability for the specific player (in the trigger that detects daytime), it does nothing.
I guess the same applied for the 2nd thing I mentioned. I try to have it so it detects a specific item that was acquired, but it still activates no matter which item is picked up, and needless to say that, even upon dropping it, the effect is still there. The item spell works so that the research it requires is 1, or completed, when it is acquired, and should be 0 when it's dropped. But this method doesn't seem to work.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

• Item Taken
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Bone Talisman 0045 <gen>
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Hero_Aldred
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable Bone Charm (Armor) for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Enable Bone Charm (Damage) for Player 2 (Blue)
  • Item Dropped
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Bone Talisman 0045 <gen>
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Hero_Aldred
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Bone Charm (Armor) for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Disable Bone Charm (Damage) for Player 2 (Blue)
  • Day
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
      • (In-game time of day) Less than 18.00
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Blessed in the Night for Player 2 (Blue)
  • Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 18.00
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Less than 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable Blessed in the Night for Player 2 (Blue)
I've quickly recreated them, they were deleted since they didn't work, but that's pretty much it.

Base your ability on Command Aura or Trueshot Aura, since they adhere to the availability. Use 0,-11 if the icon needs to be hidden. If you want them to always appear in command slot but disabled during day, you can switch to a dummy ability OR use a unit that only given during night and make this a requirement for the ability.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, I tried adding armor through the Crypt Lord's Spiked Carapace ability (instead of the item armor ability). The result is the same, the icon is hidden, but the bonus stays. The aura method works though, thanks @Daffa the Mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.