• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Simple LOAP v1.0 (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have seen countless numbers of LOAPs and all they are are just - s of each other and all the jobs are basically the same and the system is just getting boring.

So I decided that I am going to create the most unique LOAP I can make, and with that I'll describe to you what I have gotten done so far.
___

My terrain is 80% done, and the map is very tiny compared to the other LOAPS, but the reason for this will be explained later. Also I am eliminating the need to walk around to find jobs and also eliminating the 1 person gets 1 job philosophy. I am taking the many good ideas from all the LOAPs and putting them into this one LOAP (well not all of them, but a few) and I am perfecting their glitched system so people will enjoy it instead of having a faulty system that isn't very fun.

Why the map is very tiny is because I have made a default building for every player (10 peasant players) that are right next to each other, and each person gets the building they are assigned. At the beginning of the game you type command what job you want (which will be shown in the quests menu) and then the triggers will create the unique environment that is associated with that job.

So everyone gets the job they want, but I have also eliminated the mayor job and instead put a seperate force (The King) and he acts as the "mayor", but he gets his own area where he protects himself from the devious assassin (who is the gang force basically) and keeps order in the LOAPtopia kingdom.

This map will only have 3 forces, along with 1 player for 2 of the forces. 1 person gets to be the king, 1 person gets to be the assassin who can kill the peasants or end the game by assassinating the king (which is tough to do) and than 10 people can be the peasants.

I am adding new jobs that not many (if any) LOAPs have currently and which will contribute to the uniqueness of this LOAP instead of another - map.
(If you have any unique job ideas feel free to post them)

One system I am "ripping-off" (so called) is the arena where you (1 peasant) can choose to duel other peasants in an epic arena fight while people observe from the stands. The King gets the best view though.

A new system I am creating is the horse-track where you can race each other on horses and win money, so nothing too extravagent, but a new thing that adds to the uniqueness of this map.

I will update this when i have gotten further in my work, but feel free to post.

Level 34
Sounds pretty cool, the horse race would be sweet. Althouhg I don't like LOAP at all.

Level 2
ANOTHER LOAP! God save us all from the merciless remakes of LOAP versions X.X
~Craka_J

you don't get what im trying to do, im trying to make it NOT like all the other LOAPs because im showing that they are all rip-offs of eachother with just another name.

Im trying to make this not power abused like the others and it won't be the same old drug dealer gives pot and blah blah blah :thumbs_down:

Maybe you could suggest some ideas to add more uniqueness to it so people won't think "Bah, another LOAP" :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.