• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sigilo v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"Some travelers found an ancient temple but apparently is a huge trap built by the naga..."

-Old project to accelerate to try to win the 1v1 map contest.
-This is my first map, I was in a hurry to have some content and as my original project requires a lot more time I decided to do this.

-I hope you like it and leave your comments.

Fixed these problems
-
1. Flat ground makes it look unnatural.
2. Not all heroes are available in the Tavern. Save the map with Latest Melee Patch (Map Properties).
3. No green neutral camps and few totally.
4. Trees seem rather scarce for non-Night Elf players. I suggest not leaving spaces between them to avoid small units like Peasants or Ghouls getting through and this way there would be more trees.
5. Why not put some few murlocs in the north near the huts and push the hydra a bit to the north?
6. Check item drops. Enchanted Shield is not a melee item (I don't have anything against it though).
7. The tunnels are a bit tight. Of course, no one forces you to use them.

Screenshots
23146432_1484422358317467_2050927309_n.jpg
23113571_1484424581650578_1276942972_n.jpg
23113117_1484422451650791_1462952077_o.jpg
23113173_1484422498317453_252819036_o.jpg
23134782_1484422521650784_226697689_o.jpg
Contents

Sigilo (Map)

Reviews
WolfFarkas
Hello, there, I saw your map, nice in deed, i like the simetry and the effort you put in enviroment, I wish to give you some sugestion if you are interested in improve your work. 1)Terrain: a) Trees: I think there is much wood that cannot be used...
deepstrasz
1. Flat ground makes it look unnatural. 2. Not all heroes are available in the Tavern. Save the map with Latest Melee Patch (Map Properties). 3. No green neutral camps and few totally. 4. Trees seem rather scarce for non-Night Elf players. I suggest...
Level 29
Hello, there, I saw your map, nice in deed, i like the simetry and the effort you put in enviroment, I wish to give you some sugestion if you are interested in improve your work.

upload_2017-10-27_0-59-44.png

1)Terrain:
a) Trees: I think there is much wood that cannot be used, is not bad thing itself but i think is important with the 2) map sapce and 3) the creeps
b) grass: try to use the grass dirt so you wont have a sharp contrast between the heavy grass and the sand (just to improve the terraining a bit)
(yello mark)

2) Map space: i think there is to much space that is no being used for play: that space can be used to put green creeps or more neutral building like mercenary camps, fountains, goblin labs, or maybe 1 or 2 more gold mines to have more expanding options and diferents strategies.

3) Creeps:
a) Amount: there are no green creeps: 2-3-4 green creeps per player are the standard amount for melee, and there are not red creeps, is not mandatory red creep but 1-2-3 make the game interesting and with the heaviest loot.
b) Loot: I see you created custom tables, I sugest you to study melee maps (from the hive or from the game) a better way and faster to have a balanced loot is to use random items (not with tables) as the melee maps of blizzard do and many maps of the hive, check what i did in the blue mark. Because there are items in your game that are not in your map like the power up books or the charged items. The regeneration scroll and the healing salve are race buying items, not very atractive to loot in WC3 TFT (violet mark).
c) The hydra level 10 (red mark) loots nothing and is not guarding nothing, that unit spawns more hydras, if you have the hero level 5, killing it only give gold, is not an atractive kill I think.

My overall sugestion for creeps and loot is to be standard and imitate WC3 melee maps or hive melee maps.

For a first map I have to congratulate you, you have make something very interesting, it would be a pity not to improve, but, well thats your choice of course, good luck, improve your skills and keep mapping!

edit

As it is I rate 3/5 nice one, I will wait for the final version to my final rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Old project to accelerate to try to win the 1v1 map contest.
If this is an old project (started before the official launch of the contest), it is against the rules to use it in the contest:
Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
Not to mention that, since there are too many participants in this particular contest, there are only 30 slots that are currently taken. If you still wish to participate (with a new map), ask a mod or admin to add you to the contest wait list.

Level 21
If this is an old project (started before the official launch of the contest), it is against the rules to use it in the contest:

Not to mention that, since there are too many participants in this particular contest, there are only 30 slots that are currently taken. If you still wish to participate (with a new map), ask a mod or admin to add you to the contest wait list.
Oh, ill forget it so, thanks for help :D.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
2. Not all heroes are available in the Tavern. Save the map with Latest Melee Patch (Map Properties).
4. Trees seem rather scarce for non-Night Elf players. I suggest not leaving spaces between them to avoid small units like Peasants or Ghouls getting through and this way there would be more trees.
5. Why not put some few murlocs in the north near the huts and push the hydra a bit to the north?
6. Check item drops. Enchanted Shield is not a melee item (I don't have anything against it though).

Awaiting Update.

================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 21

Awaiting Update.

================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
Ok, I will do it when get home

-Thanks for taking your time.

edit:
-Working it

Last edited: