• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoubleCrossing (v1.1)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
(Melee)
Fight for your glory! (and gold) in this strategically designed game of supremacy!
There are two landmasses connected to a single island running parrallel between them. Gold is limited. players won't need to worry about protecting their flanks from ground invasions, because the map is actually single twisting path. meaning, the players are going to have to figure out a way to force across into enemy territory without using up all there gold first.
(2vs2 recommended)
Thanks to: Everyone at the Hiveworkshop for their continuing support!
Also to: The "low", for being so damn fun to be around.
Remember:Conserve your gold, and Buy zeppelins! Thanks for playing. A word to my best friend: Zultan!

-(version 1.1 fixes)
-increased gold in goldmines to ranges from 7500 to 12000
-distanced creep positions in relation to goldmines
-removed a few creeps to balance non-player starting goldmines
-increased tileset variability
-loading screen fixed
-map is now unprotected (it can be altered in map editor)
Special thanks to Ken-E for v1.1 suggestions.

Keywords:
melee, Wimplow, Limited gold, zeppelins, linear,
Contents

DoubleCrossing (v1.1) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Mar/04 17:34:31 Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Mar/04 17:34:31

Reasons:
Lacking Description: Template
Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Add green creeps close to the starting points.
Improve the terrain, you've spammed the heights way too much, also add some brushes here and there.
The whole environment is messy, it's obvious that you basically just spammed trees and they're not placed well, sometimes way too close to the goldmines.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

I tried to open the map at the editor and it was protected, for a melee map, I am really surprised someone would keep it protected, I know I wouldn't do that. Anyway, here are some pointers, the loading screen should be on default, and fix the gold mine creep positions (@ Image below). The goldmine ranges from 5000 gold to 7500 which is rather too few don't you think? There are plenty of spotty doodad opportunity points, the pathing is a bit of linear but good since Goblin Laboratory is available, tiling could be much better though, add more variety.

But overall its symmetrical and I think that mattered the most, right?
2.5/5 for now.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_022412_183708_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_022412_183708_01.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 91
  • WC3ScrnShot_022412_183913_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_022412_183913_02.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Protected.jpg
    Protected.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 105
Level 15
Update Review

February 29, 2012
Okay, so its unprotected now. Checked it again through WE, some trees have spaces in between and that's bad, this way, small units could hide in between them, set 'Camp Acquisition' for creeps, except for the Gold Mine creeps. Flat terrain within near boundaries, that could cause awkwardness if trees are cut, I suggest make some cliffs around the map. Also forgot to say that a green creep should be handy for early game farming, and doodads needs more work. Lastly, even with the Goblin Lab, should think of a more clever pathing.

My rating is still the same, 2.5/5.

Level 28
Map review

Terrain 2/5

Terrain was fine, but it really lacks on some environment. So I suggest that you should add more environment doodads. (ex. shrubs, flowers will be great, some well place rocks, etc.) also why don't you use some cannopy tree? I don't really suggest the summer tree wall if you are trying to make a more nature type of map, ashenvale tree and the cannopy will be a perfect choice.

Also I highly suggest that you shouldn't use the blizzard's cliff when you are making a river if you don't know how to do it properly, there are only few people who can make a great river using the blizzard's cliff.

Also your tile set sharp try adjusting it on the Advance - Modify Tileset for best result.

Gameplay 1.5/5
I don't really like the idea of having a one-way melee maps it makes the the game really slow and lacks on strategy. But I like your idea, it just doesn't really make any kind of improvement on the game.

Okay all I see here is yellow creep camp, that I would say a really bad aspect of the game, the already slow-pace game become more slower, players won't be able to farm quickly.

Item drop is appropriate on the creeps level, but happen problem though, As the neutral creeps are all high-level it means item drop level are high, and that can make a team overpower if they farm and get those items quickly.

I rate this map 2/5but many improvement should be made to make this map accepted