• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege Tank - Independant Turret Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am trying to make the turret on the siege tank move independently via triggers. Specifically, I am trying to get a Third Person Mouselook working for it.

I am pretty sure it can be done but I have hit a snag.

I am using the function;
"Actor - Make Actor Face Angle" (Yes there is a separate actor for the turret)

So this is what I have;
"Actor - Make (Actor connected to (Actor for Tank[1]) via reference "SiegeTankTurret") face (Camera Yaw of Player(1))"

Now my problem is I'm not sure what to put in for the reference ("SiegeTankTurret"), I tried a couple things, but to no avail.

Here is what the editor says about the function that I used for that (Actor from Actor):
"Returns an actor that is connected to the specified actor. The Name Parameter ("SiegeTankTurret") can be either an actor ID or an actor reference, but is typically an actor reference."

So if anyone has any ideas on what needs to go in there, I would really appreciate it :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well the turrent is part of the siege tank model, maybe the turrent actor is no more than a reference to the turrent on the model of the actor it extends.

Ill post in detail when I can.

So far all I can say is makesure your tank is in the right mode, as siege tanks and siege mode siege tanks use different turrents. Also make sure if your units a copy that you copied all the data.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try and see if you can turn siege mode turrent via triggers. If you can then it is clearly the fact that the non sieged version is mobile that is the problem. In that case try changing the animation events so that it does not rotate the turrent to match the unit.

Level 1
I have no idea if this would work, but try adding an alias to the siege tank turret actor (like "_TankTurret") and using that as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.