• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Actor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I used the events in the actor data editor. It triggers when the unit uses an ability. The action is tint color, it makes the actor blue. The problem is that it only is blue for the actors lifetime. I know that you can use the "Actor creation" event for changing the color for every creation, but since there's several types of flames (red and blue), it won't work. I think it might be possible to have 2 "Actor creation" events, each with two different actor set tint colors. The two triggers should have 2 different validators, but I don't know what validator to use, can somebody help me?

Level 6
I want the color to change and becomw blue when the unit uses the ability "Cool Down". When it uses "Heat Up" it should become red.

Level 6
Use those abilities to trigger actor events. Those events then change tint colour. If not possible (needs 2 actors) you can have events made that kill the one actor and make the other actor when one of them is cast.

The first method works, but it only counts for one lifetime of the actor. How can I kill actors? I think the best way would be to somehow have 2 actor creation events with 2 diffrent colors and 2 diffrent validators. When the ability is cast, something with the unit changes so that the triggers can identify which form the unit is in.

I fixed it!!! It was kind of complicated but it works. I created a catalog trigger which sets the unit radius of my unit to 0.501 instead of 0.5. This triggers when the unit uses the Cool Down ability. I did a trigger for the Heat Up ability which sets the radius to 0.5.

Then I created an event in the actors: Actor Creation, with the action, tint color to blue, and another event Actor Creation with tint color to red. Then I created two custom validators, one which only works when the unit has 0.5 radius and one with 0.501, I used the Unit Compare Field. I added these validators to their respective event in the actor editor. This makes the attack get a new color when I change the mode. It's kind of hard to explain like this, sorry for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.