• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Destroy all actors of the same kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi there

is there a way to destroy all other actors of one kind at the creation of one actor of the same kind?
i wanna have only 1 pickup text at once. i would like to send a actor msg to all actors of the same kind but there seem to be no data only solution to this.

Reactions: Rui

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Apparently there is some way to cap the number of actor instance that can exist at any given time in the data editor.

You can definatly do this via script by destroying all previous actor instances of a certain type and then creating a new one where you want.

Level 9
having a cap of the same actor is easy but to have a cap of the same class of actors is hard. do you know how to do it?
currently i add a ::global.Text1 , ...Text2 ... reference to all text actors. then i added a makro that destroys all actors :global.Text1 ... , it works fine but i dunno if this affects performance and i have to add every text to the makro ( annoying somehow).

Status
Not open for further replies.