• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shredder Animation/Selection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So I was playing around with the Goblin Shredder model, trying to make a "disabled" animation set, and I finally got something I thought was passable. When I placed the unit in the editor, however, the unit was completely unselectable, but only when playing the new animations; when I turned off the new "alternate" tag and let it play the regular animations, I was able to select it again. I poked around online for a little while looking for ways to fix it (hence the randomly added collision sphere) but still can't make it selectable while playing the alternate animations. I'm wondering if this issue stems from either a) that the alternate animations come after the death animation in sequence or b) that certain frames in the alternate animations were taken from/based on parts of the death animation. I honestly don't know. If anyone could help me diagnose this problem, that would be fantastic.

Attachments

• DisabledShredder.mdx
    146.5 KB · Views: 44
Level 12
I didn't do extensive testing of it; I believe it changes the center point of the model in terms of projectile impact so the projectile will move to the center of the collision sphere (and possibly impact the edges of it) rather than... whatever WCIII was using to figure it out before. Again, I'm still pretty new to this, and my goal was selectability, so I didn't pay that much attention.

Although I have an interesting question: if the extents were what was causing the selection problem, would it be possible to deliberately make units unselectable by changing extents on their models? I have a couple units right now that need to be unselectable but visible to the player and recognizable by triggers as existing within an area, so Locust doesn't work right because it removes the pathing of the unit completely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.