• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Should i use/get weu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I suppose if you like massive filesizes on your map, it could be quite appealing. Also, cutting corners is a big plus on it.

Level 24
WEU doesn't create huge file sizes. When you first create the map in the WEU Enhancer it has a large file size, yes. But then you open it up in WE, save it, and then its a normal file size.

For example, is just created a map in WEU Enhancer, it is 11,350kb, and this is with all of the extra options enabled and WEU's full map size. Pretty big isn't it? Well after I opened it up with WEU and saved it, it was only 683 kb, and that is with all the extra stuff that is optional and doesn't need to be used in a map.

WEU doesn't create huge file sizes. When you first create the map in the WEU Enhancer it has a large file size, yes. But then you open it up in WE, save it, and then its a normal file size.

For example, is just created a map in WEU Enhancer, it is 11,350kb, and this is with all of the extra options enabled and WEU's full map size. Pretty big isn't it? Well after I opened it up with WEU and saved it, it was only 683 kb, and that is with all the extra stuff that is optional and doesn't need to be used in a map.

That explains your sig.

Level 6
still, WEU is just a way to cut corners. The pre-created triggers are inefficient, and everything else can be done yourself.

Now, when you say it removes the extra filesize, did you have everything turned on? Im fairly certain it doesnt do that for other people.

Level 13
The only 2 reasons I use Weu

1: I add a weu action to a map to further protect noobies from editing. (Ones that like to edit and add cheat codes)

2: I had a map my friend made but quit working on it, he used weu. I edited it but I needed weu so I used it.

Its a usefull tool if you want or need to go past the limits but I would not recommend it if you do not need to go past the limits.

Level 14
Watchs the fight go~ Very diffrent emotions on weu huh?

The only 2 reasons I use Weu

1: I add a weu action to a map to further protect noobies from editing. (Ones that like to edit and add cheat codes)

2: I had a map my friend made but quit working on it, he used weu. I edited it but I needed weu so I used it.

Its a usefull tool if you want or need to go past the limits but I would not recommend it if you do not need to go past the limits.

So basicly its useful if you're going to create a massive map like a rpg that useally needs past the limits?

Level 24
Yea, I personally only use WEU for the extra tiles, the height limit removal thing, and sometimes the map size if I need it. If you don't need anything of those things, I would suggest using normal WE. Because I do agree that the advanced triggers and a lot of the other stuff is inefficant and isn't really needed, which is why I don't the advanced triggers or anything of the other stuff.

And Turtles, yea that was with everything turned on.

But still, its not like WEU replaces the normal WE or something, so you can easily download it, try it out yourself, and then decide.

Level 11
First of all, I'd like to kindly ask you if your capable of scrolling. Because about 6 or 7 threads below this is a thread about exactly this.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42936
Many people have many opinons but mine is the following:
WEU is necessary if your planning on coding in GUI because it gives you natives that aren't available in normal WE. I have never had a problem with map corruption in the 150+ times I've saved a map in WEU.

Level 14
First of all, I'd like to kindly ask you if your capable of scrolling. Because about 6 or 7 threads below this is a thread about exactly this.

fine fine i'll search better next time -_-...

But still, its not like WEU replaces the normal WE or something, so you can easily download it, try it out yourself, and then decide.

Yeah i guess i'll go try it. Thanks, +Rep i think i got everybody that helped...

.KC

.KC

Level 8
I say: GET IT!!! I always use the NewGen world editor to make maps. I only use WEU Enchaner to add more tiles. With WEU you can add 16 tiles and replace/remove tiles you cant edit in the normal editor

I <3 my WEJNGPU.

World Editor Jass New Gen Pack Unlimited. 'Tis very awesome.

But the only things I use WEU for is a few extra GUI functions in the trigger editor that otherwise are only available in JASS.

WEU also lets you put custom script everywhere, like in Events, Conditions, and even inside other GUI functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.