• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should i get WE Unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ok so I've been reading a lot about World Editor Unlimited Lately, but I'm still not sure if i should or should not get it. So i decided to go to good O'l hive to ask the veterans.

So The Question: Should i get WE Unlimited, if not, are there any other tools you would recommend, or should i just stick with the original?

Thanks,
CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Actually, you should get Jass NewGen Pack.
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

WEU is outdated. However, JNGP has WEU features (other than extended GUI) plus many others that are far superior.

Hmm, i see, I'll take a look into it!

Any Other Suggestions?

EDIT:

Does this work for patch 1.23?

Yes, except for Grimoire's war3err/japi. If you need those too, then I'd suggest a dual install fo War3, one patched to 1.23 for bnet play and one patched to 1.21 for development.

Sooo...would it work for later versions?

Level 14
Hello,
Well, I never used it, heard about it a lot, but.. Did not use it cause :
It may corrupt your maps.. a third-party editor may corrupt your map(s), making you lose your hard work..?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Hello,
Well, I never used it, heard about it a lot, but.. Did not use it cause :
It may corrupt your maps.. a third-party editor may corrupt your map(s), making you lose your hard work..?

Hmmm... for anyone that does use it, can you confirm this for me?
Thanks,
CyberDuelX16

Level 14
@Takakenji: Thanks. It helped me, too.Now I think I should get Newgen...
Good day to you,
~Herian

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

You poor, poor misguided soul. Don't literally take the word of that guy, just try it out yourself. There's a reason that a FAQ exists for it, or a README, or some kind of freakin guideline for it.

Mmmm, k , I''ll go try it out... Wish Me Luck ^_^!

Level 5
Good luck. <(^_^')> (KIRBYFACESOWN)
Wait, JASS New Gen is that weird program with a kind of list that has commands etc? Oh god..Tried it once. Owned the freakin' me..

HUGE ASS NOTICE FOR GUI USERS:
If you are used to using GUI, and don't know ANY JASS, then you are fucked.

Level 6
ok i read thread sounds like jass newgen is good so i got it and my Anti-Virus says its a virus

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

ok i read thread sounds like jass newgen is good so i got it and my Anti-Virus says its a virus

There's something about that in the Download Page, Read it, though I'm not so trusting of it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.