• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #8 - Knife-edge [Lack of activity]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

I sat there in the pool of black. Sick eery gunge that pulled at me as my motionless body stared blankly out. A red fine thick liquid poored out from my hand. Dripping to the ground in a puddle of scarlet. Sadness tore at my soul, as i sat there in that pool of black. Tragedy was my sliced heart. Melancholy was my brain. My exterior now reflected my interior in grand design of bleak breaking flesh. Cracks flaked upon my skin. As i sat there in the dark.
No friend or comfort lay for me. The only thing through my mind was a single last breath. That last repeating message that was all that was left for me. Now my heart is death. The scream of thrill and painfull anger. Of shock and awe at the odius knife that brought this deed.
Oh I remember that night like no other. This night tonight as the full moon clouded by shrouds of mist. I bore the mark of the devil, as i comitted such an atrocity against human nature. Saquine lust all that had me, gripped in the ire of the blade.
That night oh i remeber this night it is.

I gripped that knife so firmly like no other, in my grasp it held. The half glinting blade in the bleakness, was my solace and hope. For as this tool became part of me for the final moment. I brought it down to my victim. Cleansing me of my fears and pains and the trespasses against me. I swung that blade down onto her. It sliced so easilly like a fruit. The fruit of blade and blood.
The life was gone in a snap. My heart skipped a beat, for now life would be much better. I cleansed my humanity from my body. Undone such ties that had bound me to this mortal prison. Gone was my emotion and my solace.
The deed was done.

Yet now i sit here in the darkness, the blade perched upon the ground. Yet now i cry in tears of blood, at the wound that bore into me. As if my own blade i had used upon her, had turned against me and created a space, a hole, a gap; inside of me. That i could never fill.
Now i cry the tears of blood.

My position is still my sadness is true, i do not know what i have squandered. Untill it has already gone. The blade lies there odius and malicious. While i sit in the darkness.

I am alone, i am but a single spec in this universe. There are millions like me, but also different. I am a human without humanity. I am a man without a soul.
So what am i now. May i ask, may i cry for an answer? Why does the darkness give no reply? These voices are in my head telling me "Yes, Yes, Yes- Do it Jonathon kill her", but now i am alone. They have left me to rot after taking away my most precious prize. My only valued possession, my soul.

My screams, my cries, my shouts of heartbreak as my soul was torn asunder. The ash of dawn and day has broken for my soul is on fire. I burn with the pain of another, the load of the dead. Unending is this torment that i have bred.

The blade is sitting before me, asking me that one question. "Can you do it Jonathon. Can you do it." My reply at first is unsure to the question, but as the moonlight comes out of the fog. It shines so bright and white. I look forward to this vacancy. It shows me the way the path i must follow, shining ever so bright.
The moonlight looks upon me in my darkest slumber, my self pity and digusting mess. It weights, measures and balances me for all the shit that i am worth.

The excrement that i am of the cruel curse. This bright light fills me and my wound. I am once again entire. I feel like a man again. Yet as i stand with such valour, the blade is once again in my hand.

I am the birth the breath of the night. As my valour shines out through the blankness. I stand there a formidable opponent for any who may try. The knife by my side crying out to me. For another to die.

This is my time, my phase, my euphoria. This is the bliss in which i pride. I am the man of meat, the butcher. This is the life, the destiny, that i have once more.
The knife is screaming in saquine lust and pleasures of the dead. My grip is firm and tight as i move again.

This time for sure i can answer my heart and cause is strong. My gap is filled my soul is fufilled, for this is my time, my phase, my euphoria, standing here in the night. This is when i will rise as the humble man of meat. The blade is here with me my motto is complete.

So now i scream in joy and bliss as i ride out to the farm. My great vast and wide and open aired farm, with lights shining souls astride and people uncaring, passers by.
I know what i should do and now i can finally say this too.

"Yes my blade, my wife, my love. But now is not the time, take me another day. For i shall commit the crime. Here is another soul for you to feed upon. Yes my blade. Yes my dead, he will taste divine.

Level 17
Its simple the build up of pyscological stress over time then bursting like a volcano. It could be a description of the events before a Cabby goes and blows out the brain of 42 people then shoots himself in the head. After it gets all too much for him. Stress in job stress in familly in events. Stress in new laws. Taxes and rising debts.

Level 22
Its simple the build up of pyscological stress over time then bursting like a volcano. It could be a description of the events before a Cabby goes and blows out the brain of 42 people then shoots himself in the head. After it gets all too much for him. Stress in job stress in familly in events. Stress in new laws. Taxes and rising debts.

Impedes on the story too much, also in 99.9% of cases ends with negativity.

Level 17
It did end in a climax .-. i resent your statement :(

The fact that he finds a whole nation of semi vampires that are living and he is the last human. Is bloody climatic. -.- maybe not in the broadest sense of war etc. But in the emotional and mental side.

xD
allthough its a Sc-fi i definatly think its huge on the psychological effects as he is lonely :( and depressed. And emotionally unstable. etc. And drinks acohol to try and over come this. Etc making Robert a very 3dimensional character

Level 6
If this is still open
(Knife's Ege by Ognjen 19)
You are Gei-hetso
Your father wah a imperial general,he was killed.
You and your family fled to the mauntins.And live as outcasts.
You have being recruted in to rebel army,your first task is to pruve your self,you start at waterfal of trees,and you need to find a city of Giuho.
While you are finding your way to the city tru the waves monster that are guarding the road.
You enter to city chased by 5 samurai unded.A mage steps in and scare them whit holy light spell.
He takes you in his home and ask you what are you doing in this "light forsaken place"
Gei-hetso hand him the scroll.
Mage: hmm so you are the one ?
Gei-hetso:The one ?
Mage:The one that is sent to free us from this prision valey?
Gei-hetso:Rebel army sends me to kill the necromancer.
Mage: Than you need my help.
Gei-hetso: then lets get moving.
a minute after......
Mage:wea ar nering the necromancers valey
Gei-hetso:Yes i can sens that.
Then a necromancer apears
Gei-hetso: I will finish this once and for all
Necromancer:hahahahah try mortal
Gei-Hetso charges apon him and and passes through the necromancer.
Mage is casting holy light but no eff.
Necromancer:Do you really believes that killing me will be so easily?
(Ironic laughter) muhamhhahahahahhahahhaa
Ger io hyu ifre
We Will meet again If you survive hahahahaha.
The army of 100 zombie samurai charge twoards Mage and Gei-hetso
Dreadful conflict took place,You hear the clinking of swords and screams of again dead samurais.
After barely surviving the fight gei-Hets curses necromancer
You can hide but you can't escape us.
Necromancer laughs and say:If want to kill me,travel east to the crying waterfal ,
there our final enchanter will be finaled.
Gei-hetso:I will go to the ends of the world if i hawe to, do you hear me to the ends of the world.....
Hope it is enought........

Status
Not open for further replies.