• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #6: Survival Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I wonder if it would be possible to write a story of some villager surviving the minions of the Scourge, which differs from the usual 'modern-type zombie/alien/creature' survival.

Level 37
I'm not going to do a basic horror story where the main character just run away from zombies and other scary beings. Instead I'm trying to make a story to a fantasy world where a guy have occasionally scenes when he becomes crazy and starts to kill everybody. The idea is to find a cure for himself, but the story a lot deeper than that...

Survival: How he survives against enemies that tries to kill him.
Phenomenons: When and how he becomes crazy.
Horror: How he tries to fight against himself when he's crazy.

Is that kind of story acceptable?

Level 20
Because that would mean admitting he's insane to 'someone else'... Which is one of the hardest (if it's not impossible, seeing as admitting your insane, when you are is... yeah...) things to do.
I love the idea! Good luck with it, really. It's different.
I like different!

Level 37
Yeah, its actually not a bad idea, but why doesent he ask somone else to help him and lock himself away?

Well I told the story very, very shortly there's of course a lot more in the background. And he asks for help, but everyone thinks he's lunatic because he have killed many people before. The only reason why he's not in the jail because he's son of the king(in that kingdom).

Later, even he's father cannot let the killing continue and put him to jail... But that's just the beginning of the story.

Level 17
I'm not going to do a basic horror story where the main character just run away from zombies and other scary beings. Instead I'm trying to make a story to a fantasy world where a guy have occasionally scenes when he becomes crazy and starts to kill everybody. The idea is to find a cure for himself, but the story a lot deeper than that...

Good, survival doesn't necessarily imply simply running away from something. And horror isn't just ghost and ghouls. The "running away from zombies" story can be done well, but it's hard to be original in that field since it's been beaten to death.

But mostly the story isn't scary... It's more mysterious and psychedelic... Is that still acceptable?

It's up to the judges whether your story fits the theme.

Does the main character have to stay alive for the whole story?

This one is a little tricky. By main character I assume you mean the character whose perspective the story is written from. I suppose in cases like this it would be acceptable to switch perspectives in order to finish the story. Just don't be jumping around and whatnot.

Level 10
This one is a little tricky. By main character I assume you mean the character whose perspective the story is written from. I suppose in cases like this it would be acceptable to switch perspectives in order to finish the story. Just don't be jumping around and whatnot.

Wait, it can be told by different people?

Ok, I will just assume a loose interpretation of the rules then, haha

Level 17
Wait, it can be told by different people?

Ok, I will just assume a loose interpretation of the rules then, haha

If it is absolutely necessary to tell the story in its entirety, then yes. Hopefully the writer can come up with something more creative than simply switching perspective to another person though.

Level 30
Sure, I mean it's gotta be something about horror and people trying to survive the annomalical horror, so if ghost will really be something anno,zlical not fakes and they will really try to kill people, it counts.
Time doesent matter, its a survial horror, a plot theme, thats all that matters.

thanks guys, while waiting for this contest to start, I'm going to start making mine :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.