• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short story contest #3

Would you enter a short story contest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Why not make another Short story contest? You already did 2, and they were last year. If you think that it no one will participate whats the harm in trying another contest, but, with a broad, popular theme, because the better the theme, the more people enter. Wait, i better stop before i talk shit.

So who's up for a short story contest? More importantly, who would enter if the theme was good enough?

Level 24
I would definitely enter such a contest, and it pains me greatly that I missed the other two. The reason that one more hasn't yet been hosted I think was because of the lack of interest, both to participate but also too vote, since most people don't care to read 8 stories to make a fair vote, I do, but most people don't. However, by putting this in the arena instead of Writing forum would raise some more interest, perhaps.

And if it does, make sure it has a judge, not a public poll... Or possibly both, just make sure to have a judge in the mix.. The public poll's just not right, sometimes... It might give extra credit to people, since they've seen them perform really good before, so a judge should be appointed, so that the contestants can see what he/her thinks. Or, at least that's my opinion.

Level 11
Yeah, there's a new thread about a new terrain contest, but everyone forgot about this short story contest. Come on, what happened people? There are so many of you that want to participate in a short story contest, so why don't we make it already ><

Status
Not open for further replies.