• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired short story/ model contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have entered the Short Story contest #3 and i thought wouldn't it be good if i could make models of the characters to make it in to a campaign/cinematic.

So I thought, maybe there should be a competition where two users have to pair up. One writes the Short story and the other creates the Model of the Main character.

The judgeing would be done in two sections:

How they judge short stories
How they judge Modelling

But also the story gets judged on the modeling avaiablity of the main character. Because, for instance, the story was about a tree. There is a limit to what the moddeler could do.

I'm not really sure if this is a good idea or not, I just felt like suggesting it!

Well, since a similar contest is already up, this might take more than 2 months to be approved. Plus, it won't have any big difference; the actual exciting part in such a contest is that everyone can envision your main character however they want. If you believe that creating a model for such a contest would be cool to interprete your writings, go on, but not as a seperate contest. :)

Level 18
I like the idea of adding visual content to a story, but if that were to happen, I'd suggest 2D art in general instead of 3D. With 2D it's much easier to create a landscape with characters then in 3D. And it would still keep a bit of the 'reading a book'-feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.