• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #1 Poll

Which story is the best?!

• Anetherond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iristle

• Deathell

• The_Wand_Mirror

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, it has been two and a bit long weeks, and all of the entrants have been working very hard on their stories. Now is the time to vote! Good luck, and thanks to everyone who participated! The Reputation rewards will be given out after the final results of this poll are known.

And here are the entries:
1) Anetherond: The Lich King
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=263485&postcount=66

2) Undead_Lives: The Invincible Army
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264926&postcount=74

3) Iristle: Nerzhul Story
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=263100&postcount=57

4) Deathell: The Journey of Death
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264947&postcount=75

5) The Wand Mirror: Contest Story
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=262768&postcount=51

Due to lack of participation, the rules have been slightly bent. I accepted one late entry, one entry with bad grammar/spelling, and another entry that is less than 500 words long. These will slide for now, because if I was to remove all of them, then there wouldn't be much of a competition....

Vote for the best, and good luck entrants!

Level 27
Your real story was submitted to me a day late (actually I never recieved it in the first place) and so it could not qualify for polling. It wouldn't be fair. I'm a moderator, not an admin, so I can't post news, but I'll talk to Wolverabid and see.

Yeah that was when i thought i didnt have the time anymore to make it ... then i did it fast... but then i heard about you getting to go somewhere else and then i thought like 'wew i still have a chance to make it a story im proud on myself' so i did now .. but i cant submit it anymore and u acctualy use my wrong entry now..

Level 5
Alright, i have read it through, and here is my opinios:

Anetherond: It is an ok story, even if i cant really see the point of adding Jaina in the beggining. But I suppose there is a point in it. It is rather brief also, and short; Maybe try to explain more of the envoirment and try to really set us into the story
Undead_Lives: It has a good ending and a good story. I liked the part where you start telling about the war etc. but you should have changed some of the first pages; You repeated yourself sometimes, and you wne very deep into it, which wasnt as needed always.
Iristle: I really liked the way you descriped troughout the story. I really got stuck into it when you started, but it was unfortunently very short, and the end could have been better. But a good story all in all
Deathell: It is nice and long, and I see, you have made a description of the future as you think it would be, if im right. Im not syaing it is wrong, but I got the feeling it is rather unrealistic (For example, there is no army in front of the Frozen Throne) And it didin't really cantch my interest as I had hoped it would, Maybe add more desprictions to the envoirment etc. And it could be really good. Good story!
The_Wand_Mirror: The story has a great start, but seems as a common idea (Unless the ending). It is short and brief, and it seems as you rushed the end. But it has got potential, if you had gave yourslef more time for it.

Great stories all in all people, I enjoyed them all! But my vote goes for Undead_Lives! Congratulations :thumbs_up::wink:

Level 27
The_Wand_Mirror: The story has a great start, but seems as a common idea (Unless the ending). It is short and brief, and it seems as you rushed the end. But it has got potential, if you had gave yourslef more time for it.

Great stories all in all people, I enjoyed them all! But my vote goes for Undead_Lives! Congratulations :thumbs_up::wink:

Did you also read the new one?

Level 14
Ok so 3 out of 5 are unrealistic , and in my opinion in a scale from one to ten they are defenetly a one. "Undead_Lives" its a nice story , its original and you find that it is a possible story , its even something usable by blizzard if they ever make a wow patch with northrend. . .but the rest are !@#$

Last edited:
Level 27
Ok so 4 out of 5 are unrealistic , and in my opinion in a scale from one to ten they are defenetly a one. "Undead_Lives" its a nice story , its original and you find that it is a possible story , its even something usable by blizzard if they ever make a wow patch with northrend. . .but the rest are !@#$

The opinion 'Realistic' or 'Unrealisitic' doesnt rly make sense in this contest.. its only your opinion of the best story and then just vote.. point.

Level 14
Ok i didnt want to say this but. . . i mean if you were to live in the WarCraft Univers you wouldnt hear Furion saying "Oh my god" , or was it Malfurion .. i dont know . . in a story he is called with both names. . .and other stuff like the humans from Blasted Lands heard about illidans defeat , they had television or something , in those times Illidan could have went to Thrall and tell him "Hey i am Tichondriuses father , now die" and Thrall would have sayd "I dont care that you are Tichondriuses father , actually i havent really met him . . .anyway you are a demon and must die. . ." and so on. . .now do you get my point , i dont mean to offend anyone but thats just my point of view.

Level 27
Ok i didnt want to say this but. . . i mean if you were to live in the WarCraft Univers you wouldnt hear Furion saying "Oh my god" , or was it Malfurion .. i dont know . . in a story he is called with both names. . .and other stuff like the humans from Blasted Lands heard about illidans defeat , they had television or something , in those times Illidan could have went to Thrall and tell him "Hey i am Tichondriuses father , now die" and Thrall would have sayd "I dont care that you are Tichondriuses father , actually i havent really met him . . .anyway you are a demon and must die. . ." and so on. . .now do you get my point , i dont mean to offend anyone but thats just my point of view.

Still, it doesnt have to bother you because the writters could choose between Comedy (where the thing you just said is categorized in from my opinion) but the most just choose to have a realistic theme ..

Level 14
Still, it doesnt have to bother you because the writters could choose between Comedy (where the thing you just said is categorized in from my opinion) but the most just choose to have a realistic theme ..

Oh I am deeply sorry , you are right I did laugh , but not because the jokes wich were involved.And I am not bothered I just said my opinion.Oh and your work The_Wand_Mirror , I forgot to mention , its ok it doesnt have any "spices" but its ok , and just so you know i will repeat my self I do not wish to offend but we must be realistic you would have goten a 10 from me if you were Tolkien , further more , I will explain why I liked Undead_Lives story , its because the way he wrote the story , with a good description so you can feel the soroundings at the begining , he didnt do anything fancy , in my opinion perfect for a Short Story , you all tried to "invoke" the Myth of Illidan or The Lich King , but you did not succeded , and if you wanted to make a comedy , than I would have sugested that you would write some lines , replics , not "Oh my god" , I mean that is not a joke. . .even if I consider that Story a Comedie one , still I think its a has a bad qualety.

Last edited:
Level 14
Yes i have made a mistake (if its a tiping or a judgement i do not remember) so I will Edit my post and apologies to you. I would just like to ash you if the person Jaina is thinking of is Prince Arthas?

Level 9
Yes i have made a mistake (if its a tiping or a judgement i do not remember) so I will Edit my post and apologies to you. I would just like to ash you if the person Jaina is thinking of is Prince Arthas?

It isn't Kael'thas if you thought about it for a moment!
She doesn't think about Arthas, she thinks how they were in the past. She misses to those days, but she knows in her heart that things will never be the same…

Level 14
Yeah I did thought about it and I was between Arthas and "those days" , thats why I asked you because Blizzard gaved a detail in wich they said that Jaina loved Arthas and i thought that you might have used that information ^^

Level 27
Oh I am deeply sorry , you are right I did laugh , but not because the jokes wich were involved.And I am not bothered I just said my opinion.Oh and your work The_Wand_Mirror , I forgot to mention , its ok it doesnt have any "spices" but its ok , and just so you know i will repeat my self I do not wish to offend but we must be realistic you would have goten a 10 from me if you were Tolkien , further more , I will explain why I liked Undead_Lives story , its because the way he wrote the story , with a good description so you can feel the soroundings at the begining , he didnt do anything fancy , in my opinion perfect for a Short Story , you all tried to "invoke" the Myth of Illidan or The Lich King , but you did not succeded , and if you wanted to make a comedy , than I would have sugested that you would write some lines , replics , not "Oh my god" , I mean that is not a joke. . .even if I consider that Story a Comedie one , still I think its a has a bad qualety.

Okay i will also make my point clear that i dont care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.