• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shores of Andora

Another melee map I've made.

Once lord Illidan raised the naga from the deeps Lady Vashj used her magics to raise the city of Andora. Andora was an ancient scientist city that was used for storing powerful magicical demons and spells. If Andoras powers is discovered demons is realesed.

51382d1238945754-shores-andora-shoresofandora1.jpg
51383d1238945754-shores-andora-shoresofandora2.jpg
51384d1238945754-shores-andora-shoresofandora3.jpg
51385d1238945754-shores-andora-shoresofandora4.jpg
51444d1239008186-shores-andora-shoresofandoraoverview.jpg

Changelog;

v0.1
•First Version

v0.2
•Changed position of shipyards to the top of the bottom islands
•Made some birds, albatroses, frogs, crabs and hermit crabs
•Fixed "Screenshots"

v0.3
•Added gaurdians for the mines. So if there's less than 4 players, the mines won't be un gaureded.

v0.4
•Created to small islands to make it more interesting, so that there's not only water everywhere!
•Some more critters

v0.5
•Gave the gold mines 22500 gold insted of 12500
•Added one more screenshot

Keywords:
melee maps, melee map, melee, maps, map, Shores of Andora, Shore of Andora, Shore, Shores, of Andora, Andora, of, ancient, illidan, lady vashj
Contents

Shores of Andora (Map)

Reviews
17:03, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Certanly the authors best melee, with decent terrain and idea, yet having some minor flaws, nearing a recommended rating, yet Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review on post #8.

M

17:03, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Certanly the authors best melee, with decent terrain and idea, yet having some minor flaws, nearing a recommended rating, yet Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

You can find my full review on post #8.

Level 14
Here is my review:

Review
Terrain: 4/5 Comment: Impressive terrain with a great feeling of environment.
Original: 5/5: Very few melee maps at The Hive.
Triggering: N/a Comment: Its melee...
Custom Material: N/a Comment: Well...Its melee :xxd:
Fun factor: 4/5 Comment: The terrain gives it a certain feeling of playing in a well placed environment.

Overall comment: Great melee map with impressive terrain, excellent use of doodads.

Suggestions:

*Make more use of Critters & Birds.
*Perhaps a gold mine in the island in the middle.
*Edit: Fix the Screen shot tab :xxd:
*Edit2: Post a screenshot from above : P

Final Rating

Great map. Good terrain. I vote this map for Approval and i rate 4.3/5 {Recommended}

Last edited:
Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Shores of Andora

Rules

Proper description
Proper author name
Doesn't crash
Shores of Andora is yet another melee map made by Grave_Digger_, where you take one of the four melee races and your goal is to kill the rest of the players, alone or with allyes. The map is for four players.

The terrain was very decent. The tilesets were great, they were varied enough and used properly. The dodoads were placed excellent. However the bottom islands have more trees then the upper ones, making it slightly imbalanced.

Talking about balance, the map is kinda symmetrical since there are four islands and four players. Yet as I mentioned two of the islands have more trees. Not just that, but the top islands have a slightly easier acces to the middle island, since it's closer to them.

The creeps used and drops were fine. I just don't like the idea of a creep group dropping two permament items, rather use a tome and a permament, or potion and permament.

The map is fun to play, since the entire concept with ships is entertaining. The middle island can prove to be vital to the conquerors.

To conclude, certanly your best melee, nearing 4/5, still it is 3/5 (Useful) and Approved. Keep up the good work.