• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shop: buy-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, is there any good workaround of getting any trigger response when heroes try to buy items with full inventory. (shops)

I released this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/bag-v1-2-a-252002/

It allows you to pick up items with full inventory and store the item somewhere in a "bag" of unit.

But this advanced picking up method doesn't work for buying items yet, and it sucks. :s

I don't play dota, but a friend told me that there it's possible to buy items even with full inventory. (only if stack is possible of course)

He thinks the reason for this is that all items in shops are actually based on tomes. And this way you always can buy a new one, even with full inventory.

But doing so for me is no real option, because ...
  • I would need to write a script that copy all items in a map and re-create them based on a tome, and finaly replace all items that are used in game with this new fake items.
    (I don't know if this would be even possible)
  • User still could create/manipulate items/shops somewhere in triggers, and I think it can't be prevented.

So I don't know such a system can be done and success to any random map.

Is there maybe any other workaround I could try?

Level 12
In dota shops are actually selling units.Because it has more benefits over using tomes.

And I don't think there is an easy workaround with items only.

Status
Not open for further replies.