• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shaman's Icon and Texturing Emporium and Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was getting tired of putting my icon WIPs in concept art, so i can here. YAY!

Here are some terrain textures i made on photoshop. I might make some skins and stuff with these styles.
BlightIcon.jpg
BlackCitadelTile.jpg
RoughIce.jpg

Comments and criticisms are encouraged and welcome

Last edited:
Level 26
it looks nothing like blight, its mossy rock, get over it, also the "black citadel" and snow ones are very nice, a bit too detailed to use ingame i would think, also it looks like the snow and "black citadel" especially, were made using a brush type repeatedly,instead of having that nice more natural variation, however they all look very good

Level 26
id be a little mad, depends on how much he traced it, like just a basic outline, then... iono, not THAT mad. so long as its not a color by numbers :p or if he painted it on tracing paper over the original, then that WOULD be annoying... im getting off topic, what?

Oh right, well ya i guess he didn't freehand it, so to see the texture alone is kinda gaytarded, but if he applied it in tandem with another picture, like say for example using that as a background with someone in front, then it would be completely acceptable.... well depending on how he made the person/thing in front of that. but like this for example... again, assuming he drew the other thing himself

protoss shmnyrns.png

Level 26
aww, give him a break, he isnt submitting them as skins or icons, hes just throwing ideas out for what could be used IN icons or skins.... that, OR, he mislabeled the thread :p

shaman: i dont think it matters with or w/out the glow, they look good either way, now make a robot or a futuristic building model to incorporate this into :D

... so i dont look like an idoit backing you up ....

.... you know i love ya though right :D

Level 9
Isnt this turning out a little offtopic with anus posting random pictures of light that he made? :p no offence anus. They realy are cool....but is this the right post to post them at?

Level 9
In the words of me, "I recommend you stop being such a ugly fat nerd", no offence but fat people can get sick easier and dies faster, so it is for your own best.

Level 9
Isnt this turning out a little offtopic with anus posting random pictures of light that he made? :p no offence anus. They realy are cool....but is this the right post to post them at?

In the words of me, "I recommend you stop being such a ugly fat nerd", no offence but fat people can get sick easier and dies faster, so it is for your own best.

That was so ridiculously hypocritical, I just lold my ass off. Anyways filters are cool and all but freehand is cooler.

Level 26
This is getting off topic, this topic is called "Shaman's Icon and Texturing Emporium and Warehouse" and as such, i have yet to see a single texture OR icon OR emporium/warehouse. All i see here are pictures created with a million filters. This entire thread is off topic. It would be perfectly acceptable if this thread was called "shamanyouranus' thread for random pictures i make in my spare time with the computers at school". OR more specifically "The thread created by shamanyouranus to show off how good he is at using filters and making random effects that look like mossy rock, snow, dirt, and some sort of blue instillation future thing that glows real bright and makes my eyes burn"

BUT IT IS NOT, and as such i suggest a name change for the thread before a mod realizes this too.
.... looks good though. the name thing is just an annoying technicality

First icon on this thread!

Hello there, I am here to post the first WIP of my first icon on this thread. YAY!
Its a blade thing. I am going to make a weapon and armor upgrade sequence for the Satyrs. Enjoy!

Because of peoples comments and such, I am going to do this first icon using ABSOLUTELY NO FILTERS, OPACITIES, ETC. Just pure freehand.

Attachments

• blade icon.gif
    blade icon.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 137
  • blade preview.gif
    blade preview.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.