• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SerenityInFire's Custom Texture Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I finished my first custom skin for WarCraft III and I'm feeling quite proud of myself, so here it is! The Drow Peasant! Comments and critiques welcome!
drow_peasant-jpeg.272741
drow_peasant_portrait-jpg.272742
HighElfPeasant.jpg

Texture by SerenityInFire & Textures.com (to replace lumber with ore). Portrait model by ILH and SerenityInFire.

The next texture I'll finish will be the Drow Ranger (Shandris replacement), based on this concept drawing I finished last week:
drow_ranger.jpg
Drawing by SerenityInFire

Drow Ranger WIPs
shandris_wip.jpg
shandris_wip2.jpg
Texture by SerenityInFire

Norse Footman Model and Texture WIP. This is my first custom model. Any comments, criticism and suggestions are welcome.
viking9-jpg.273735
Model and Texture by SerenityInFire

I also already have a concept for my next custom model, the Viking Raider. He will be a mounted unit.
viking_raider-jpg.273770
Drawing by SerenityInFire

Last edited:
Level 8
@Heinvers That's actually a really good idea. I think I'll give it a shot!

Anyway, I've been taking a break from the Drow Ranger texture because the lower legs/knees are giving me a headache. The inside of the hood and cloak are mapped to the lower leg as well as the arrow quiver. There is also some God awful texture stretching on the outside of the knee, so I have to come up with something totally different from my concept.

What I've been doing in the meantime is making my first custom model in Maya 8. He's a Norse footman. I've laid out the UV's and I'm working on the texture now. Here's a little preview:
viking9.jpg

UPDATE: The other day I finished another concept drawing for a model that will go in my map. It is a Viking Raider.
viking_raider.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.