• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Shadows of Hatred 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
sohcover-jpg.280828

storyfinal-jpg.280862
Maiev and her watchers arrived in the ruins of the orcish homeworld, Draenor. They soon discovered that Illidan had come alone, thus the recapture proved to be fairly easy.
Then the naga had arrived on Outland, and they had brought new allies: the same blood elves that Maiev had helped before. Maiev and her soldiers fought the naga and their traitorous elven friends, but the new army outnumbered hers, and eventually she was defeated. The naga and blood elves recaptured Illidan and freed him. Upon the warden's final moments, Illidan decided to imprison her instead.Soon after that, Maiev would be contacted by Akama, unsatisfied by not being given the Black Temple as promised and the wary Maiev agreed to enter a partnership and vowed to see Illidan dead.

featuresfinal-jpg.280868
-Story based on WoW: The Burning Crusade along with some alterations and original elements.
-Select your own difficulty: Easy - Normal - Hard.
-New custom units, models, skins, spells, items & music.
-Updated Night Elf techtree and new playable races.
-Hidden special items on selected maps.

characfinal-jpg.280859

btnwarden2-jpg.285440
Maiev Shadowsong - Leader of the Watchers. She treated the Watchers as her family and she grew bitter after the death of her comrades. And when their own government would not at least avenge their deaths, then by Elune, Maiev would see it done herself.

akama-png.285437
Akama - Elder sage of the Ashtongue tribe. Akama allied himself with Illidan and aided in the overthrow of Magtheridon, only to later find that Illidan was no better than the pit lord. He remained a loyal servant of Illidan but away from his prying eyes, Akama sought to end Illidan's reign.

illidan-jpg.285441
Illidan Stormrage - He along with his servants managed to overthrow the tyrannical ruler of Outland, the pit lord Magtheridon, and claim the demon's stronghold and army for himself. After that he was nearly killed in attempting to destroy the Lich King. Having survived, Illidan retreated once more to Outland to muster his forces and prepare for his new plans.

nightelf-png.285435
Anyndra - A night elven member of the Watchers and Maiev's second-in-command. Anyndra succeeded Naisha in the role of Maiev's lieutenant. She accompanied her to Outland to hunt Illidan.

marcus-png.285439
Marcus Auralion - He is the a High General of the Sha'tar and commander of the draenei army that initiated the battle between the draenei of Shattrath and Illidan's army. Though his forces was in a disadvantage, he was later aided by Akama and Maiev.

sereia-jpg.286251
Lady Sereia - An exarch of the Sha'tar. She led a group of draenei as an reinforcement called upon by Marcus Auralion but was delayed due to some reasons.

kael-png.285434
Kael'thas Sunstrider - Leader of the Blood Elves. Prince of Quel'Thalas, the last of the Sunstrider dynasty. To sate the magical addiction of his people he allied to Illidan. He only want the best for his people.

vashj-jpg.285436
Lady Vashj - Leader of Illidan's naga. Her loyalty to Illidan is undeniable. Fiercely loyal to her master, she take his commands without questions nor delay.

mediafinal-jpg.280860

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Notable Changes

Storyline
- received a big change, added new characters and change some of the characters' motives, etc.
Techtree

Watchers Techtree
- Maiev's model changed back to the default one and now with her old spells.
- Dreadwing is replaced with a new unit, the Warden Owl and with new abilities.
- Battle Maiden's model replaced and Words of Elune ability icon changed.
- Warden renamed into Mystic.

Broken Draenei Techtree
- Akama is now an intelligent hero and with new abilities. Now have Chain Lightning, Healing Totem, Feral Spirit & Reincarnation.
- Stalker renamed into Primalist.
- Disruptor renamed into Stormcaller with new abilities. Now have Stormstrike & Discharge.
- Darkslayer renamed into Battlelord with a new ability.
- Far Seer renamed into Spiritbinder, along with its spells. Now, have Spirit Cleanse, Spirit Mend & Spirit Boost.
- Warlock renamed into Channeler and now have Shadow Bolt, Enfeeble & Feral Spirit.
Draenei Techtree
- Peacekeeper, Anchorite & Vindicator models changed.
- Anchorite's ability Blinding Light replaced with Renew Life.
- Vindicator now have new abilities.
- Added new units Crystal Artillery and Skyguard.
- Added new buildings and most buildings' models are changed and now have 3-tier town hall upgrade.

Maps
- Players should now be able to choose their own difficulty (Easy, Normal & Hard) but secret items are not available in Easy mode.
- New maps will be present.
- Terrain and gameplay in Chapter 1 & 2 improved. Added new boss, made roads wider, etc.
- Chapter 3 received a complete revamp from the terrain to gameplay.

Others
- Kamar'gor is now replaced with Vagath.
- Blood Knight now have new additional spells.
- Many more...

If you have anything to say, feel free to post!

Last edited:
Level 23
What kind of changes are you thinking about implementing Sclammerz? Your original campaign was pretty good; it is hard to see what could be improved on :p

Thank you, changes are yet to be revealed. I will add more info to the changes later on. But it includes the story, maps, characters, etc.

So Tirasilan (SP?) was replaced by Auralion? And it looks like Maiev's model was changed back to her original?

Tiras'alan will be presented later on. Yes, I changed it back and now for permanent.

Edit: Added the changes I made so far on the thread.

Last edited:
Level 20
Love it :)

I recently wanted to play your campaign, but noticed that you are working on a 2.0 version, so I guess I will just wait and play the new version :)
Good luck! :)

Level 15
Ouu, nice, nice. I am really happy to see you working on this again. What do you think when you are going to finish it?

Level 27
On one part, enhancing campaigns always end well for me as a player. But i fear when the techtree is being touched :eek:

The Dreadwing change is more a meh situation, only usable for one map when the only real plus is using Fury to shoot the generator faster. And having it at full power on the defense mission is a gamebreaking deal.

For the Broken part; The Disruptor is a multiplayer "balanced" unit in a campaign fighting Naga/Fel/Demon units, in general once the ones asigned by default are death, is better to use Slayers to snare and chain to destroy flyers.

Level 15
I would just suggest to replace Maiev's Blink spell with something else, because it is really abusable spell in the campaigns.

Level 23
On one part, enhancing campaigns always end well for me as a player. But i fear when the techtree is being touched :eek:

The Dreadwing change is more a meh situation, only usable for one map when the only real plus is using Fury to shoot the generator faster. And having it at full power on the defense mission is a gamebreaking deal.

For the Broken part; The Disruptor is a multiplayer "balanced" unit in a campaign fighting Naga/Fel/Demon units, in general once the ones asigned by default are death, is better to use Slayers to snare and chain to destroy flyers.

Hopefully, you can play with them at least in 2 chapters.

Gonna keep an eye on this! Although I liked Maiev spells. :c

Well, I didn't like them much since I made her not warden like.

I would just suggest to replace Maiev's Blink spell with something else, because it is really abusable spell in the campaigns.

Unlikely. I put up some uses for the blink spell.

@Sclammerz I'm not sure if I shared this before or not, but this is the Maiev model I use for my game, and I think it's perfect for her.

Maiev Shadowsong (Warcraft 3 Animations) - Warcraft Underground

Thank you but I don't think I want to change her model.

Level 15
Are you planning on making Draenei playable? I am not counting that holdout mission.
Also you have Feral Spirit spells in Akama and Channeler. They are both sharing the same names.

Level 5
Well then. What about my own showcase for this campaign?
I really hope you can release the new version if time allows, for now I'll just record the interludes first :))

Last edited:
Level 23
How's progress?

Sorry about no news for some time. I'm quite busy with school and real life at the moment. Progress is slow and somehow halted for the time being.

Well then. What about my own showcase for this campaign?
I really hope you can release the new version if time allows, for now I'll just record the interludes first :))

I really want to but time is something I don't have right now regarding with working on the campaign. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.